Anyone know where to get Big D

a4d

Enlightened
Lighthound is out of the big d light bulbs, does anyone know where i can get that and the TerraLux Tle-5EX together to save on shipping. My dad told me he'd get me them for a christmas present. My freind pretty much hinted he got me a 2 or 3 cell mag also.

EDIT: Also is a 3AAA holder considered 1C?

Last edited:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
3AA to D will have much higher capacity and much lower internal resistance than 3AAA to C. I bet 1AA to C would perform as well as 3AAA.

You might be able to find Big D bulbs locally. Also try calling Pelican.

a4d

Enlightened
Try Brightguy.com.

Yup they have both, but whats the difference in the Big D's they have two verisons both two packs i'm assuming that both have the low and high. But whats the difference from the NICAD and the lead acid. Wich one would i need.

a4d

Enlightened
3AA to D will have much higher capacity and much lower internal resistance than 3AAA to C. I bet 1AA to C would perform as well as 3AAA.

You might be able to find Big D bulbs locally. Also try calling Pelican.
I was just wondering because i have a cheap $2 led i got from an autoparts store and it's a 3AAA holder and was wondering if i bought another one and used both holder would i be able to run them in a 2 C cell mag. or even buy two more and run 3 in a 3 c cell maglite.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup they have both, but whats the difference in the Big D's they have two verisons both two packs i'm assuming that both have the low and high. But whats the difference from the NICAD and the lead acid. Wich one would i need.

Not sure. Give them a call and ask - I'm certain they'd help you out.

a4d

Enlightened
Not sure. Give them a call and ask - I'm certain they'd help you out.

I think i answered my own question. I read it a little slower and it seems like the NICAD 11 watt can be used with alkaline if wished. the 24 watt can't. The lead acide neither can be used with alkalines.

Then my other question would be ith the NICAD 24 watt can't be used with alkaline can it be used with NiMH batteries.

Last edited: