hds runtimes. It's all over

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I know there is a great deal of info on this but I'm a see it to believe it kinda guy so i have been running my u60 on .33 LM since DEC 9. still going strong.The reason I'm doing this is because i believe most of the run times that have been done on the low settings are estimated and i want to double check the numbers. what you think?

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Re: hds runtimes.

hey finally someone who cares! lol yep will keep you posted. when it does go out think i Will go down a level and start again there is nothing like real world tests. thanks for the interest

thermal guy

Flashaholic

It's been 8 days 4hs and still going! I'm thinking about 15 days.

Fargus

Newly Enlightened

Back when there was an HDS subforum, someone did a runtime test of the strobe mode. I believe it was still going strong after nearly a month. Then the guy's girlfriend found it blinking away and shut it off by accident.

thermal guy

Flashaholic

that test is still going on its been on locater strobe for over 11 months!

aceo07

Enlightened

Interesting test. If you're running from level 5 until the light goes out, it may be a long long time. If you're testing to see how long level 5 lasts until it drops to a lower level, that'd definitely be shorter. :)

I'd done runtime for my HDS U60 for levels 20(max) to 13 on each level. Level 13 was maintained for around 12 hours. I don't think I'd have to patience to time anything longer than that..

Keep us informed on your progress. Maybe sure that nobody turns it off when you're sleeping or gone!

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Well i got 5 of them so i have others to play with. by the way still going strong at 9 days 4 hrs i am going to run it till it drops a level just to let you all know.

mtrunner

Newly Enlightened

Interesting test. If you're running from level 5 until the light goes out, it may be a long long time. If you're testing to see how long level 5 lasts until it drops to a lower level, that'd definitely be shorter. :)

I'd done runtime for my HDS U60 for levels 20(max) to 13 on each level. Level 13 was maintained for around 12 hours. I don't think I'd have to patience to time anything longer than that..

Keep us informed on your progress. Maybe sure that nobody turns it off when you're sleeping or gone!
I thought level 1 was max...level 20= min. Am I wrong? level 16= .33 Anyway, I'm interested to...love long running lights.

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened

I've been curious but did not want to leave my only HDS sitting around instead of in my pocket!

Thank you for satisfying the curiousity :)

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sigh.

I miss my HDS EDC Ult 60 XR. I'm still kicking myself that I lost it.

I had the minimum on the 0.33 lumen level, the primary on 42, secondary on 10 and the max on 60.

I always wondered how long the minimum level would last - and now you're doing that test!

I had a use for each of the levels.

RIP my brave light.