You guys are a Baaaad influence on me!! (and I love it!)

rlhess

Enlightened
Well, I said nice things about the Brinkmann LX in this thread before I left for a long weekend on the coast.

In this thread, LEDagent mentioned Nordic Knives in Sovang as a source for Surefire.

Well, I convinced my wife to let me have a look and I ended up walking away with an E2e Surefire! Wow, it is a LOT brighter than the Lambda Illuminator (as in it throws well). It is not quite as bright as the Brinkmann LX that started a nice debate.

I think I know understand why the SF E2e and the ARC LE are general EDC lights here.

One nice thing about the E2e is it fits in my wallet pocket nicely and I don't even know it's there--its added weight balances out my wallet's lightness
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
rolleyes.gif

There is something that I don't understand in Craig's measurements of the E2 and the Lambda Illuminator. It shows the light output within 20%.

I have used the SF this weekend for a few minutes and still get about 1250 cd out of it compared to the under-300 of the LI and about 3000cd for the LX. This all measured at one foot. The Arc LE is about 25cd but was more than adequate for motel room navigation.

So it looks like I'm falling into the common mold here: E2e and LE for EDC! (a month ago that would have been Greek to me).

I think my INOVA X5 may be relegated to "microscope illuminator" which it does very well.

Thanks, All!

Cheers,

Richard

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The X5 makes a very good car glove compartment light which is where mine is relegated to but it does see use.

rlhess

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geepondy:
The X5 makes a very good car glove compartment light which is where my is relegated to but it does see use.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I already have a 5D Mag in my car and a 2D reasonable-quality plastic (Ray-O-Vac?) in my wife's car. We both carry Arc LEs, and she has a Mag AA (which will soon get a Nexstar lamp) so I think we're covered for cars.

I think the X5 will live in my desk drawer at home. The Lambda Illuminator will be my first light to grab at home in the office with the LX being the second when I want to see what's happening on the hillside behind my house, although I have a UK SL6 coming for that purpose.

I'm really enjoying some of the lights I've gotten recently. The E2e, Arc LE, PT Aurora, and the Brinkmann LX are all wonderful. Weaned me from Mag Lights for sure!

Cheers,

Richard

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rlhess:
I already have a 5D Mag in my car and a 2D reasonable-quality plastic (Ray-O-Vac?) in my wife's car. We both carry Arc LEs, and she has a Mag AA (which will soon get a Nexstar lamp) so I think we're covered for cars.
Richard
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason the X5 is the primary car light is two fold. One, it is LED so I don't have to worry about a lamp blowout in a critical situation. Two, it takes lithium batteries. This is important for two reasons. It will work under cold, harsh winter conditions much better then alkaline batteries and also the lithium batteries have a ten year shelf life. Basically I keep the light in the glove compartment and know I can forget about it for many years in a row if necessary. This is very good peace of mind. I also have a Brinkman LX in case I need a brighter output light but between the two lights I feel very secure.