How many total lights?

nanoWatt

Newly Enlightened
Let's say someone had a quest to collect one of every flashlight in production. Exclude all modded after-market. Ok, exclude all crappy ones that aren't worth getting.

How big, and how expensive would one's collection be?

I don't mean for the "world's biggest collection of flashlights", since we are only talking production, handheld lights.

Yes, I could even count small producers like some of the people on this forum, if they make, let's say 100 or so. Whatever is considered on a production level.

jugg2

Enlightened
Hmm... Would you include all variations of finish and for LEDs emmitters? If so, the fenix line offers almost everything in black or natrual, and either cree or rebel. That is only one manufacturer. Or do you mean just the model, like 1 P2D, 1 P3D, ect.?

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
If my research is correct then 271 manufacturers have created 121,423 flashlight variations since 1986. This is not counting the lights made before 1986.

But then again the info above is all fake. :nana:

Zenster

Enlightened
If my research is correct then 271 manufacturers have created 121,423 flashlight variations since 1986. This is not counting the lights made before 1986.

But then again the info above is all fake. :nana:

Fake, but probably a good guess. :)

There's no way I'm going to "collect" flashlights because frankly, that would easily exceed my income. And while it may be a good way to become single again, I really could use the money for other fun things like food and house payments :eek:

With that said, however, I am wanting to fill all the niche's of what's available today, and I'm guessing that somewhere around 20 lights will easily do that.
At the "top", I'm very happy with an AE Xenide 25W.
At the "bottom", I'm happy with my L2D-CE/Q5.

In between to fill lot's of the gaps, I go with things like:
CL1H
L1
A2 (sold for my preference toward the L1)
DBS
A9s
MRV-SE Epsilon

Those are the basics, but others are in line to join them, including a SF Kroma, and a SF 6P "original", specifically as an upgrade host for P60 type drop-ins later on.

Once I've filled all the gaps, I'm done. Except for maybe... well, we'll see. :devil:

nanoWatt

Newly Enlightened
And one just has to have a nice green laser :cool:. So many of us agree there are too many lights to collect. However, if I were to take the time to research, I might find 20 that are "must haves"