Where can I get Nyogel in Canada?

Spotpuff

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know? I did a search but got no hits... Battery Junction is American I believe. I'm thinking more brick & mortar stores, maybe Home Depot?

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be hard to find Nyogel at a B&M store, even in the US. Batteryjunction is offering a great deal on a 57 gram (2 oz) tube of 760G, much cheaper than http://www.Lighthound.com. Lighthound offers 779ZC as well. I'm not sure how much shipping will be to Canada, but you can definitely ask both. There might be a dealer in Canada that offers Nyogel, but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone will chime in on that soon.

Dudemar

Last edited:

waterboiler

Newly Enlightened
I would also second Lighthound. That is where I got mine, he ships fast and Canada Post has even been kind to me.

Unless you are in a big city ( Toronto or Vancouver ) and/or are willing to spend a lot of time digging, I doubt you would find a dealer in Canada.

Last place I worked, we used Nye products - the sales rep used to come in from Detroit, so I doubt they have much of a presence in Canada.

D-Dog

Enlightened
I third Lighthound (have ordered many times, also fast shipping and a free "gift" too :)

Spotpuff

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick question regarding this compound and the Dereelight CL1H V3: Will using this compound as thread lube on the CL1H V3 make it stop working? The Nyogel states that it isn't conductive but it was designed to be used on conductive surfaces.

Will it work with the light? I saw WadeF recommend Deoxit lube but I already bought some nyogel ($25 after shipping :( ) so I don't want to have to buy another lube just for this :T

D-Dog

Enlightened
Should be fine, just don't put too much on. I have used it fine for over a year on my Jil Intelli, where the threads are the only means of supplying the emmiter with negative voltage.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know? I did a search but got no hits... Battery Junction is American I believe. I'm thinking more brick & mortar stores, maybe Home Depot?

Serious... hehe...
You can use any kind of lubricant for condoms. Yes, if can lubricate a condom without damaging it, it will work well in o-rings!

I use K.Y. here.... for the light´s o-rings, of course! :p

liquidsix

Enlightened
Serious... hehe...
You can use any kind of lubricant for condoms. Yes, if can lubricate a condom without damaging it, it will work well in o-rings!

I use K.Y. here.... for the light´s o-rings, of course! :p

K.Y. ? That's funny, I'll try that while I consider finding nyogel or deoxit lube, but I have my doubts, it's a water based lubricant so won't it dry up in a couple of days?

TooSharp

Newly Enlightened
I've been using plumbers silicone grease. They use it specifically for o-rings. You can find it in most home improvement stores.

DM51

Flashaholic
The OP asked where to obtain Nyogel in Canada. Posts 2 through 8 were relevant replies; posts 9, 10 and 11 are off-topic and irrelevant.

This thread will not discuss possible alternatives to Nyogel.