Digilight NT9 question.

Yoric

Newly Enlightened
This is a very simple question however I am a complete newbie when it comes to flashlights.

I currently use the Digilight NT9 for on duty use and the rechargeable battery that came with the light died a few months ago. I've been buying 3V camera batteries which makes the light output only about half as bright, but my biggest problem is I can't stand dealing with battery changes every few weeks.

The Digilight website is no longer around from what I can find so I can't order a new battery pack. Can someone please point me towards a place where I can order one?

I've been reading though the forum and I see so many different types of rechargeable batteries. I know almost nothing about these and I don't know which type my flashlight takes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On a side note is it possible to upgrade the bulb in this light for greater brightness?

Also, with Christmas coming I've been thinking about buying a new flashlight. Rechargeable is an absolute must. I'm looking for something with 30 minutes plus of life and it must be extremely bright, somewhere in the 100+ luman range. I wouldn't mind buying an upgraded bulb if needed for greater brightness.

Thanks for your help!

a4d

Enlightened
Last edited:

Yoric

Newly Enlightened
I'm very open to the idea of a new light.

As I stated before, it must have an option to recharge. I don't like having to replace batteries. I also want something extremely bright.

Yoric

Newly Enlightened
I really like the DBS SMO. I am a bit confused with the following though:

DBS with 1S(1-stage) Cree XR-E Q5 module, US$120.
DBS with 2SM(2-stage mutipower) Cree XR-E Q5 module, US$115.
DBS with 2SD(2-stage digital) Cree XR-E Q5 module, US$125.
DBS with 3SD(3-stage digital) Cree XR-E Q5 module, US$125.
Additional OP reflector option, add $25 USD

Can anyone tell me the difference between these different options and what does the OP reflector option add?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The digital(XXD ones) can only run on one Li-Ion battery(4.2v max) but they are brighter. The other kind will run on 4-8.4v so you can use 2 Li-Ion batteries but it isn't as bright as the digital module(1 amp on high vs 1.2 amp on high).

OP reflector is a textured reflector(OP referring to orange peel). Less throw but a smoother beam.