more spill on a sf E1L

Lynn Downey

Newly Enlightened
I have a new sf E1L and bought it for the size, long run time, lumen power for its size and I am trying to stay with CR123 as the main power source. Is there a conversion head I can purchase or can someone mod this light to maximize spill........I want it to light up a room and am not so concerned about throw. I'm almost ready to go pick up the E2L simply because it's advertised as a max-spill light. Any of you have suggestions?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm almost ready to go pick up the E2L simply because it's advertised as a max-spill light. Any of you have suggestions?
Where did you see the E2L advertised as that?
I can understand the L2 or L4 being advertised as such but never the E2L.

SureFire's F04 Beam Diffuser can be used on the E1L/E2L/L1.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the E1L and use the F04 beam diffuser with it quite often. It does a great job and works nice for close up applications and illuminating a wider area.

It sounds like thats all you need.

Lynn Downey

Newly Enlightened
I just read your question and scanned a few sites where I thought I had been reading reviews of the E2L and can't come up with large spill info on the lite right now. I've been mistaken a couple of times before. It sounds like the stock beam diffuser will be the answer on the E1L. If I were to purchase another sf in the two cell configuration with an led, which light might have max spill? By the way, thanks both for your replies. I'm fairly new to this game and I work with "just for fun" and we're having a blast with our lights, especially in the fall salmon season here in MI. We do our fishing at night after all other anglers have retired for the day. It's great.

AaronM

Enlightened
The L2 & L4 that Size15's mentioned are good flood lights, but be warned: the runtime on those two aren't that great.

An E2L with a diffuser might be pretty nice, but it probably wont light up a room....hmmm:thinking:
Aw heck, just get an L4.:D

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
An E2L with a diffuser might be pretty nice, but it probably wont light up a room....hmmm:thinking:
Aw heck, just get an L4.:D

I agree that an L4 is a great light. However, I disagree that the E2L with an F04 won't light up a room. It may not be a "OMG, did the sun just come up" kinda light like the L4, but the even beam will definitely make the room functional, giving nice even light. Additionally, the heat build up of the L4 can make the light uncomfortable to hold after around 5-15 minutes. The E2L, OTOH, is cool to the touch after 9 hours of continuous running in full regulation.

Spence

Enlightened
I agree with those fellas above...get the SF "F04" beam diffuser, it'll be the best $12 mod you can buy for the 1" bezel lights...makes flood for them all.
:twothumbs:sick::thumbsup:

Lynn Downey

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all for the advice. I've learned ! I ordered the F04 for both a new E1L and an E2L and am looking forward to the brown truck to deliver them later this week. What a forum !!!

Latest posts