My dog has passed.

houtex

Enlightened
One of our dogs,Cowgirl passed away Friday.She was 5 years old and we had to put her down because of problems with cancer.
I know many of you don't know me but I have to express how much I love her and miss her.I have 4 other dogs but Cowgirl was the forever puppy.She was always ready to play even after 3 surgeries to remove the cancer she went right back to her high energy ways.Damn.My dumbass can't even post a picture of her.here's a link to her and the others.

http://groups.msn.com/AmericanPitBullTerriers2/pottersdogs.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1367

Valolammas

Enlightened
Sorry to hear that. I've lost a few dogs in my time, but it never gets any easier. Like James Herriott says, the best cure for losing a dog is a new puppy. (Or something to that effect, not a direct quote.)

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Our Sprocket passed several years ago and the family was devastated, but we've managed to get through it. I expect as time passes, you'll do the same.

In the meantime, please try to find peace and explore the Rainbow Bridge.

bltkmt

Enlightened
She was one great looking dog...I am sorry for your loss. Our Tibetan puppy has been with us since the summer and is already a huge part of our family that I cannot imagine life without.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's lots of dog people on CPF. We all understand and share in your loss.

Remember -- "all dogs go to heaven".

houtex

Enlightened
What sucks is my wife has purchased gifts for our dogs for xmas,they're not LIKE our children, they ARE our children.Her brother/best friend is refusing to eat and just stares at the door waitng for her to come out.We are in for one tough xmas.Thanks for listening.

Rzr800

Enlightened
Sorry to hear that. I've lost a few dogs in my time, but it never gets any easier. Like James Herriott says, the best cure for losing a dog is a new puppy. (Or something to that effect, not a direct quote.)

+1 and my sentiments exactly; sorry for your loss.

Dawg

Enlightened
I feel for you....I really do. We lost our beautiful Siberian Husky that was our oldest, yet was our baby, on Christmas day 2003. Then we lost his best buddy an Akita female that was one month apart in age last May. The last dog we have is almost 13 and pretty sick right now. No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to get in the holiday spirit any more.

God bless and hang in there.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sort of on topic ---

One of my favorite Twighlight Zone episodes was a story about a common, everyday guy who died in a wreck along with his best friend, a tricolored hound

When they show up at the Pearly Gates, they are told that dogs aren't allowed. The guy says, "well, if that's the case, I'll just pass..." and he and his dog walk away. Only to find, a little later, the REAL Pearly Gates, where they are both welcomed. Seems the first one was just a test of the applicant's character and values and was the entrance to some place other than Heaven.

Corny, sure, but I hope it made you smile just a little, Houtex.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, BIGIRON, thanks for passing along that wisdom. Sorry for your loss, houtex and hope your others stay healthy till they, simply, wear out. It was close to this time three years ago...:mecry:For me each one gets harder to part with.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear of your loss. I also love dogs. I have a golden retriever and he is 14 yrs old. I cant stand the fear of him going away because it's almost time for him to clock-out. If the sight of him gone is painful... I might never get another dog. I know it brings joys...but also pain when they leave...

-E

Numbers

Enlightened
I have been there too. It's tough but I always take comfort in knowing that while my dog was with me she enjoyed a good life (as does my current dog). Obviously the same was true for yours. Be happy that you provided a better life for your dog than most dogs on this earth have.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
And, Numbers, our dogs have provided a better life for us than if they'd not been part of our lives.