Another new mini mag!

a4d

Enlightened
Well i had to go to wally world today to get some de-icer. Well i picked up another AA mini mag, also a nite-ize, and a mag solitare. The nite-ize has a pretty nice white color. pretty good for up close, no through.

Also a quick question. With the nite-ize it's set right, no adjustability?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Which NiteIze?

WalMart sells 3 NiteIze dropins, two of them for the MiniMag.

The 1watt can be focused. The 3LED cannot.

a4d

Enlightened
I didn't see the 1 watt it was the 3 led. Well i have to go back later or tomorrow so maybe i might get another mini and the 1 watt if they got it.:whistle:

a4d

Enlightened
Well i went back and they didn't have the the 1 watt led for mini. So i picked up a 2 d krypton, mainly to mod it later. Should be fun.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
NiteIze 1W for Minim*g is not stellar or even killer bright, but both I have are nice tint and decent bright. I stuck one in a side clickie bi-pin bulb light I got somewhere and that light was WAY improved over stock or NitIze 3LED!!!

You might have to go to Target for the 1W. I'm sure that's where my second one came from (Fry's gave up the first). And I have never seen a 1W in any of the Walmarts I usually haunt.

a4d

Enlightened
NiteIze 1W for Minim*g is not stellar or even killer bright, but both I have are nice tint and decent bright. I stuck one in a side clickie bi-pin bulb light I got somewhere and that light was WAY improved over stock or NitIze 3LED!!!

You might have to go to Target for the 1W. I'm sure that's where my second one came from (Fry's gave up the first). And I have never seen a 1W in any of the Walmarts I usually haunt.
I dodn't really expect it to be bright, just something to have. I'm going to use the minimag with the 3 led for working on trucks at school. Just cause it's cheaper and i don't have to worry about it breaking. thats why i like the mini mag you really don't have to worry about it. Pretty well built but cheap. I just wanted the other 1 watt to, well just to have.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen these drop-ins. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy the 3W mini mag led? I just got one not too long ago at Walmart for $20.00 and I am sure it is brighter than that 1W drop in. I have one of the 3 led drop-ins, and I am not impressed with it at all. Just a thought!:grin2:

Mike

a4d

Enlightened
Ya it probabaly would, but it takes the fun out of modding.:whistle: Even though it's not much at all, still it's something. I'll probably eventually get one.

gunga

Flashaholic
Skip the magled and get a better light.

As for the std minimag, while it is outclassed easily, it's ton's fun doing little mods on it.

I was running a seoul modded terralux TLE-5 (less bright than the extreme but douible the runtime) with a stippled reflector for flood and an IQ switch for levels.

I just swapped out for a nice aluminum reflector for minor throw, smooth beam, and a terralux clicky for more output.

This on a 19 year old minimag. It's just kinda fun and a great way to start "modding".

Also, don't forget the cool glow in the dark o-rings and anti-roll bezel!

:D

a4d

Enlightened
I mainly like the mini mag cause it's cheap. Good for working on trucks at school. Also working on anything up close.