A hot tip for lanyard users.

Spence

Enlightened
I stumbled onto another idea while at "Bass Pro" that really worked out cool. I bought a package of "Bill Fisher, Size 4, ct. 4, Ball Bearing Swivels, 150 lb. test". I use one in between my lanyard, micro clip and the small split ring on the light's lanyard ring or split ring on the SF pocket clip. (My digital camera went belly-up or I'd send you a photo), I think you get the idea. Anyway, the swivel keeps the lanyard from ever getting twisted or tangled with the light. Regular, inexpensive, fishing, barrel swivels will also work, after you remove the hook/clip, but not nearly as slick as the costlier, ball-bearing swivels. Be sure to have handy, a pair of needle-nose pliers, and a flat point, micro screw driver to pry open the small split rings.
Good luck.
Spence
duh2.gif
:naughty::rolleyes:
grinser2.gif
buttrock.gif

Spence

Enlightened
NA8-

Hey pal, that's exactly what I used. I started with #4's then went back and got the #5's, I liked their size better, but I took wire cutters and snipped off that "snap clip" (you don't need it at all if you have a nice McGizmo or SF lanyard clip). Boy, do those ball bearing swivels work great!

:party::whistle::wave::twothumbs

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
This product is better quality. I've been using the Heavy Swivel and Power Split Ring for almost 2 years. These items work remarkably well.

Spro

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
What size do you use, and what is the diameter of the holes?

Bill
I use mine with split rings and clips for attaching to my keychain various things, knife, L0D, Red-Photon.

For this I'm using size 3. THDS-3. The hole size is about 2mm.

I also have some larger ones, but have not used them for anything yet, and the packaging does not have the size on them.

gunga

Flashaholic
Anyone know a good place to get the spros that can ship to Canada for a reasonable price?

I picked up a couple swivels from the Sandwich shoppe but I think they are size 2 and seem really small, not sure they are strong enough (does anyone have any that can comment?)

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine at some sporting goods store. It looks like I got them for a lot less that that website is listing them for. Maybe they were priced incorrectly, but I got 25 for something around 5 dollars. Check a good fishing supply store, hopefully you will find them.

Spence

Enlightened
You didn't say what kind of light it's going with? Also, I believe a #2 is way too small, even for a tiny light. I prefer a clip measuring between 15 and 25 mm for the small end SureFires I have. Go to Lighthound.com, they have a pretty good selection there, as well as, black split rings in different sizes (be advised, a #2, 3, 4, split ring is fairly small).
Good luck.
Spence
:poke::thumbsup: