source of pocket clips?

pipspeak

Enlightened
Some people love 'em, some hate them but IMO too many flashlights that qualify as EDCs are lacking a decent pocket clip and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a source of third-party clips that will fit AA or 123-sized tubes.

I looked at the minimag clip that comes in the silly "accessory kit" and it's so puny it looks like it'll snap in half or bend too easily, so that's no good. Lanyards are fine but they don't stop a light bouncing around in the bottom of a pocket. A holster's fine, too, but I don't always want to look like an over-equipped geek. All I want is a decent snap-on clip!

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
When I recently got a P3D Q5 (my first Fenix), I had to find a clip for it. I bought the River Rock 1W LED light at Target, pulled off its clip, and put it on my Fenix, where it has been ever since. I gave the River Rock light to my wife, who put it in her purse.

Rayovac uses a version of the clip (see clip here: http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/nuwai_tm-311h_2aaa.htm) on its Sportsman Xtreme 1W and 3W Luxeon lights, but I decided to contact River Rock Designs first about extra clips. I e-mailed [email protected], and John said the website (http://www.riverrockdesigns.com) is under development with the intent of ultimately selling lights and accessories. He told me he would ask his factory to send some to him in the meantime.

I am sure there are other clip sources out there, so I trust someone else will chime in.

bouncer

Enlightened
most third part clips are light specific that is built to fit one or two specific lights like HDS /Novatac for example. what light do you need one for? Try searching in the main forums for pocket clip maybe you'll get lucky.

GBone

Newly Enlightened
While we're on the subject, does anyone have a good solution for a pocket clip to use with a GLADIUS?

I absolutely love my modded Gladius, but hate that I have to have it strapped to my belt with a sheath.

:anyone:

oregon

Enlightened
Place a substantial Neodymium magnet into your pocket. Your flashlight will stick to the outside of your pants like magic as long as it has some ferrous metal parts. And, your pocket will attract all ferrous metals so take care while strolling the nail department of your hardware store.:D:D

I would use this carry technique myself except I work at a SteelCase desk and my pants would stick to it like glue.

oregon

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I need a stainless bezel down clip for my G2 set-up. I can't find one, I was thinking someone would make me one but it's been 10 days since last contact. I am to the point of taking one off a knife of mine and screwing it into the G2 body. I am looking for another option, but if I don't find it in a week or so it's time to risk it.

djblank87

Enlightened
Dang! Nothing?

I'm also looking for a clip for my G2L bezel down. Now, I know that over in Custom B/S/T there is someone who made a few of these and they function like the NovaTac clip expect on your G2L/6PL/6P/G2 etc.

I would like to pick one up but as of now it has not been determined whether or not they will be for sale plus the seller is overseas.

Maybe some will have a simple solution soon, I'm heading over to Lowes this morning and maybe I can find something that I can make. :shrug:

gottawearshades

Enlightened
For whatever it's worth, the pocket clip from my Novatac is currently on my G2. It works much better there.

Cheers.

djblank87

Enlightened
Sgt. LED sorry about the wait I forgot about this thread. Yes, my NovaTac 120T clip fit on my G2L and 6P. It was a tight fit but it did go on.

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Howdy, Chris.

I just measured the clip. Now I don't have a micrometer, and it's not easy to measure 1 mm with a ruler, but it looks like 1 mm, yes.

BTW, on my G2 I added a GITD o-ring, and bent the clip a little, to make it more secure. It works well for me, anyhow.

Cheers.