Bought My First Surefire Today

Tolly

Newly Enlightened
I decided after many years of Mag-Lite use that I would step it up a notch.

After going to the local Mom & Pop shop and looking at the Surefires and Streamlights, I came home with a Surefire 6P LED. It just seemed like the right balance of brightness, size and runtime. I hope I made the right choice and that I am happy in the long run with the Surefire. If so, I will be buying more of them.

It just hit me the other day that I usually spend between $800-$2500 on my carry pistol, but I wouldn't even spend $85 on a decent flashlight...Seems kinda silly don't it???

The light will be used for general purpose and daily carry along side my concealed carry piece. I will be having William Tucker of Tucker's Gunleather make me a custom pouch for it to match my HF1 1911 holster.

These two will become constant companions....sorry for the poor pics..

surefire.jpg

a4d

Enlightened
Ohh trust me the pics don't look half as bad as mine. Anyways good luck with the light. I don't have a surefire but seems like EVERYONE loves them.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice Kimber, It shoot well? Once you start down the dark side to good flashlights, normal flashlights won't stand a chance. PS hold on to your wallet. You can't buy just one SureFire, eventually you'll own several or all of them.
:welcome:

Last edited:

kfallscody

Newly Enlightened
Yes, you have the surefire disease and will most likely end up with more.. :).

The 6p is a good platform to start with. Can take standard P60 drop-ins I believe so if you wanted, you can make this light put out a TON of light.

Tolly

Newly Enlightened
Is the P60 drop-in an LED or incan? I saw some of the incan Surefires that had awesome output, but the runtime sucked!

I think this light will have just about the right balance between brightness and runtime for my needs. I hope so anyway.

sawlight

Enlightened
And so it begins!!! IMO Surefire is everything it's hyped up to be!! You should be very happy with it for a long time!!!
Nice Kimber as well!

slo-ryd

Newly Enlightened
Good choice!

Great taste in auto pistols as well. A Kimber custom shop "Royal Carry" was my favorite concealed carry piece. I foolishly let it go.

1wrx7

Enlightened
Is the P60 drop-in an LED or incan? I saw some of the incan Surefires that had awesome output, but the runtime sucked!

I think this light will have just about the right balance between brightness and runtime for my needs. I hope so anyway.

Drop-in's refer to LED modules. In your pic it shows the 6PL, so you already have a drop-in. Output vs. runtime the SF unit looks good. There are other drop-in's that will give you more output with less runtime.
You should also be able to use the P60&P61 incan bulbs.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started with my first Surefire(an L1) August 31 of this year. I knew a good thing when I saw one, and now I have this many just three and a half months later. I my Surefires.

surefirefamilybw2afw2.jpg

Last edited:

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice collection, Rob! :) Are we playing "Post your SF collection"? I recently thinned out mine a bit...

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
lol, ather than shifting the focus of this thread... I suppose bumping the predecessor thread to the long, old, and locked thread started by jtivat back in 2004 might be better for you two:grin2:
Surefire Collection's - Part 2

geez guys, stop tempting him, his collection might grow faster than you'd think:laughing:
Tolly, beautiful gun, congrats to your new surefire:grin2:

bigfoot

Enlightened
Congrats on the new light!

The fine folks here at CPF are right -- you can't own just ONE Surefire. :D

Wassernaut

Newly Enlightened
That is one fine pair of precision tools. Simply gorgeous, and reliable. I congratulate you on your taste sir. I'd like to see the compete set-up when you have the matching holsters.

Wassernaut

Newly Enlightened
I started with my first Surefire(an L1) August 31 of this year. I knew a good thing when I saw one, and now I have this many just three and a half months later. I my Surefires.

surefirefamilycpfqd4.jpg

GOOD GOOBLY GOOOOP!!!!

That's a big family in less than four months. Better be careful and get you some beefy suspenders. With all those on your belt your britches are gonna hit the floor.

Katdaddy

Enlightened
If I can ever break this light buying habit I'm going to buy a Kimber. Good to see you bought the gun first. Smart move!! You will buy more Surefires. Check out the E2E.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
AAAAARRGHH!! I bought my first SF (L1 model) and it is not here yet!!

Anxiety... anxiety... :mecry: