Am I The Only One Upset About The EO?

Bearcat

Enlightened
I had my heart set on Fenix upgrading the EO with the new Nichia DS or better LED, but I hear that they are going to discontinue the EO. Now, where am I going to find a single mode AAA key-chain light with the same super long run-time as the EO has/had with the new whiter and brigter DS LED? The new Arc DS has the brightness, but has a shorter less regulated run-time than the EO. This really SUCKS!!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they don't replace it with something similar I'm right there with ya. The low cost and simplicity was a good thing imo. There's always arcs, but I understand some wanting a lower cost one stage with a DS.

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
I'm sad to hear of the E0's demise as well, it was a solid little light, it didn't have the cult following of the Arc AAA series, it was a little lighter built, and tended to inadvertently turn on in my pocket, but as long as I remembered to back the head off a couple turns, it wasn't actually all that bad

Rugged, well built, excellent runtime, but could use a little better knurling and a tougher HA (I had a natural), and the styling was rather....unique, a good, basic, simple light

yes mine was supplanted by an Arc AAA-P, but the E0 was an excellent light in it's own right, I hope Fenix plans to bring out another miserly 5MM AAA light in it's place, perhaps something with the Nichia DS....

farewell, E0, sorry to see you leave

Sam44

Newly Enlightened
I agree. Low cost, long runtime, looking for an upgrade with double the brightness.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak makes a great single stage AAA light. You can get it in a variety of body styles, body materials, and brightness levels. Your choice! They generally use efficient circuits, LEDs with great tints, and their build quality is excellent.

The web site is not very helpful, give them a call and tell them what you most want in a light and they will get you the right one for your needs. All this customization won't cost more than other high quality lights.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:

my friend owes me US$20, it can go to this.
was actually wondering what all the fuss was about, then i saw the run tims..

11 hours until "moon" :eek:oo:
thats twice the ARC-AAA, which i will buy when my next paycheck comes in....

Crenshaw

Snow

Enlightened
I ordered one a couple days ago from Lighthound. I have a couple of AAA Peaks, an LOP-SE and a very old ARC, but I love a solid AAA light so I figured I'd get one while I have the chance. If I like it half as much as most people seem to, I'm sure I'll feel the same about it being discontinued.

Zenster

Enlightened
Fenix often discontinues lights for the reason that they are soon brought back as another model with updated emittors.

I don't really think the EO is dead for good. Look for another, virtually identical, model to replace it.
The new one will be brighter with (probably) a longer runtime, and probably cost a little more due to the newer emittor and driver.

I don't know this for sure, but that's how Fenix has done things in the past.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you look on Ebay? Or B/S/T will probably get you one eventually. I had an E0 and sold it almost immediately. Couldn't get past the blue emitter. I didn't consider an upgrade because most people said Fenix heads are very tough to open. Bought a modded E1 from EngrPaul, MUCH better light IMO. Good luck with your search.( I just checked, there are several on Ebay. $18.99 BIN)

Last edited:

Bearcat

Enlightened
Oh, I've got a Fenix EO on my key-chain right now in a natural finish and I absolutely love it. It's the marathon champ of key-chain lights with its super long run-time and it comes without all those flashy blinking modes.

I wouldn't change anything on the EO except upgrade the LED with one that is a little less blue with a little more brightness.

The perfect AAA key-chain light for me would be one that put out 10-12 lumens with flat regulation for 8-10 hours before going into a long moon mode, waterproof, have a perfect white beam and would only have one mode to deal with.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I miss the E1 even more. I really liked having glass over the LED, and tempered AR glass at that. Gave mine away as gifts except one which is now in danger of becoming a shelf queen...

Bearcat

Enlightened
I miss the E1 even more. I really liked having glass over the LED, and tempered AR glass at that. Gave mine away as gifts except one which is now in danger of becoming a shelf queen...

The last time I checked, Lighthound had some E1s left in both the natural and black.

Maybe the best of both Worlds would be the EO's super long run-time guts in a E1 body with a Q5 or better LED. If I could have one of those, I would not care if they discontinued the EO or not:)

josean

Newly Enlightened
I fully agree, I was just waiting for an update on those AAA lights having a simple interface (one mode). I am very interested in E1 / E0 with updated emitters. I know there are other AAA lights, but none has the regulation offered by the Fenix models.

For me, the perfect EDC light would be a two mode AAA without need for super high output levels (ex: 5lm - 30lm) and good regulation.

Bearcat

Enlightened
I fully agree, I was just waiting for an update on those AAA lights having a simple interface (one mode). I am very interested in E1 / E0 with updated emitters. I know there are other AAA lights, but none has the regulation offered by the Fenix models.

For me, the perfect EDC light would be a two mode AAA without need for super high output levels (ex: 5lm - 30lm) and good regulation.

You are a very smart person.:thumbsup: