Conqueror M-C1 Cree Q5 - Very interesting new light!

bessiebenny

Enlightened
mc1-bk-1.jpg

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10367

Has anyone noticed this new light? It's called Conqueror M-C1 Cree Q5 5-Mode.
(main page with more photos - http://www.newexcite.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24&products_id=119)

It seems it may be just what I'm looking for in terms of not so expensive rugged light.
It has an interesting design and I like the fact that it has both Instant on-off and 5 mode at the same time.
Also, they are going to release a 3 Cree module for it later on which is pretty cool.
BTW, the "Grow in the dark" o-ring sounds so funny.. =P

Here's some info from the main page.

- CONQUEROR machined aerospace grade aluminum body with new coating material
- 100% full aluminum reflector cover with orange peeled reflecting surface (this is not a plastic reflector)
- Enhanced design on heat sink technology
- CREE Q5 LED could output upto 180 Lumens with extended runtime (Power saving and reliable LED light bulb in the market)
- Swapable light module with Triple CREE LED module* (Optional) and Philips 600 Lumens bulb module* (Optional)
- Multi-mode of light level #
- Light off with fade-out effect
- New design of flashlight MCU controller at the endcap switch (Better design.
The heat from the lighting module could not damage the MCU)
- "Grow in the dark" O-Ring at the front / Double O-Ring at the endcap switch / Supreme quality O-Ring material
- High quality of optical glass
- Special design of endcap switch with better waterproof design. Endcap equipped with gold gilding spring.
- Flashlight could stand with the flat design of endcap
- Rainproof and scratchproof structure. Work at different environment
- High quality nylon holster included

Dimension:
Head Diameter: ~45mm
Body Diameter: ~25mm
Endcap Diameter: ~30mm
Flashlight Long: ~150mm
Reflector Diameter: ~40mm
Reflector Deep: ~35mm

Net Weight: 180g / 6.35oz

Battery Usage:
2x CR123A Lithium Battery(Not included)/
or 2x 3.6V 16340 Rechargeable battery (Not included) /
or 1x 3.7V 17670 rechargeable Battery (Not included) /
or 1x 3.7V 17670 protected rechargeable battery (Not included)

Remarks:
* Triple CREE LED reflector module and Philips Xenon Bulb reflector module are optional item and sale seperately.
The optional module will we be availalbe at Q1 2008. Optional remote pressure pad will also available at Q1 2008.
# Multi-mode of light level -
1) One instant push for maximun On > One instant push for fade-out Off
2) At maximun On mode (100% of full power)> 1 second constant push change to medium On mode (50% of full power)> 1 second constant push change to minimun On mode (10% of full power) > 1 second constant push change to strobe mode > 1 second constant push change to S.O.S mode > On instant push for fade-out Off mode

Last edited:

garence

Newly Enlightened
DX is such an odd website. They list items before they have details, then update much later on while curiously leaving off critical data here and there.

Anyway, the NewExcite website talks of a Cree module available later on, but DX lists it as a Cree based light with no mention of anything pending. $35 for a kick-*** 180 lumens "wide area" type light sounds like a great deal. I'm tapped out on lights for now, so I'm eager for a review once someone gets a hold of one of these. :popcorn:

x2x3x2

Banned
It looks very nice, if it is anything like the original C1, I'm sure its gonna be a real good deal!
Great option to swap in a triple emitter module too, too bad those aren't available till next year.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
So one can assume that the 3 cree plug-in will also include tube extension for 2x18650 setup? or is it going to be a boost driver?

mrvilla

Newly Enlightened
I've ordered several lights -- thank you to those in this forum who have provided guidance.

Beyond the three I've already ordered, this one keeps calling out to me.... (I think I've been infected by this forum).

According to this ad (yes, eBay is not a reliable source of into) this light can produce 250 Lumens of light.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MC-1-CONQUEROR-...50-Lumens_W0QQitemZ320198182654QQcmdZViewItem

But DX has slightly different info:

https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10367

..and it appears that that info came from here:

http://www.newexcite.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24&products_id=119

Does anybody have one?

Is there more than one version of this light?

Thank you.

Hardcoreleo

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I received my Conqueror from DX three days ago.
It isn´t very bright compared to my other lights e.g. A9 or even UF C2 Q5.
More like a P3D CE.
However it is a nice light. Very nice build for the price,but with not so nice soldering, but I didn´t expect anything else. I am going to wait for the triple replacement and I will see how it works in this light.
Regards
Leo

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hardcoreleo,

Can you post pictures of your Conqueror with the whole light and the parts disassembled?

When you say it's not as bright as the UF C2 Q5, are you looking at the hotspot intensity or by how bright each light lights up a dark room when you bounce it off the ceiling? The ceiling bounce method is more accurate in gauging total output as it removes the affect of the beam type (flood vs spot).
Thanks.

Hardcoreleo

Newly Enlightened
Hello jsr:wave:,

I am going to post pictures tomorrow, if I have enough time.
The C2 Q5 is brighter when I am using the ceiling bounce method.
As I wrote before it is more like the P3D CE.
BTW it is the first flashlight I owned with fade out when it´s turned off :).

Last edited:

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine from Kai Domain today. Ordered it before I saw the one on Newexcite.

I like the multi mode being triggered by deliberately clicking and holding the switch in. I don't like the lights where I have to click through the steps each time I use it.

The fade out is neat. useless but neat.

It seem as bright as my 7060 LAPD or my Cree Ultrafire WF-500 and maybe my MRV. It could be brighter when the other battery comes off the charger.

So far I like it. Even though it is a little chunkier than my U2 clone. And some of my 18650's don't fit. :sigh:

bspofford

Enlightened
I received several Conquerors from DX, and as is often the case, they arrived with minor but bothersome dings and scratches in the black type II finish. The bubble pack around each of the lights was flat, and they probably rattled around against one another in the bag for 10,000 miles getting here. The light is bright and throws well, and the construction is pretty good for the price. The UI is unique in several regards. I'm not sure what purpose the fade on turning off serves other than resembling old incans. The sequence is hi > med > very low > strobe > SOS, but it doesn't cycle back to to hi after SOS. The SOS pattern is odd, and the light flashes in a strange way when you turn it off from SOS mode. I just placed an order with New Excite / Ultrafire Shop to see if their Conqueror is the same light and also if they can get it to me without dings and scratches.

LGCubana

Enlightened
I bought one from DX & KaiDomain. Both arrived exactly 2 weeks from purchase date.

The KD has a smooth reflector.
The DX has an OP reflector.

There is a noteable difference between the hotspots. Smooth reflector being the throw champ. But the OP reflector is no slouch in the distance throw.

Smooth reflector has the dark ring around the hotspot. OP version has a more functional sidespill.

The interior of the main tubes had slightly different clearances. As the same 18650 battery (TrustFire) was extremely tight in one of them. There are positive & negative contact springs. So there shouldn't be an issue with the positive side of your choice in rechargeables.

The DX version had a connectivity issue. It might start bright, then flicker & shut off, start at half strength or not start at all... The solution was to make an aluminium foil ring & place it between the rear retainning ring & the circuit board. BTW, the circuit board is a combo unit; with the rear clicky.

Threading is well machined. But for both units, I had to clean all threads.

The rear clicky (which protrudes,) has just enough tactile resistance. Easy to activate with the pad of my thumb or in a cigar grip.

After 2 days, I'm happy with both units.

CandleFranky

Enlightened
Hello, I received my Conqueror from DX three days ago. It isn´t very bright compared to my other lights e.g. A9 or even UF C2 Q5.
I think about buying an Ultrafire C2 Q5 or the Conqueror M-C1. I would think that the Conqueror has a newer technical design and is better and brighter. But it seems, it isn't brighter at all. :thumbsdow

What are your experiences? :thinking:

W-c.Scenario

Newly Enlightened
Maybe he used it with 1 x 18650 = dimmer then 2 x rcr123.
I believe its very hard to say which one is the brightest, theyre all about the same, just a question of how their reflectors spreads the beam,
wait for the tri-emitter version of the Conqueror if you want the brightest:D

lux readings from Lightreviews:
  • Conqueror M-C1 100% Spot 8950 Lux, Spill 106 Lux (2 x rcr123)
  • Fenix T1 Q5 Turbo Spot 7730 Lux, Turbo Spill 152 Lux (2 x rcr123)
  • UltraFire C2 Spot 6180 Lux, Spill 91 Lux (1 x 18650, I dunno which XR-E it uses in this lux test)

Last edited:

CandleFranky

Enlightened
Maybe he used it with 1 x 18650 = dimmer then 2 x rcr123. I believe its very hard to say which one is the brightest, theyre all about the same, just a question of how their reflectors spreads the beam, wait for the tri-emitter version of the Conqueror if you want the brightest :D
The problem is, I would prefer to use the version with 1 x 18650. :mecry:

Will there be a tri-emitter version of the Conqueror? :thinking:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem is, I would prefer to use the version with 1 x 18650. :mecry:

Will there be a tri-emitter version of the Conqueror? :thinking:
According to light-reviews charts, it's not that much less bright on 18650s.
And yes, there will be a tri-emitter and xenon head (upgrades) for the Conqueror in Q1 according to the manufacturer.

I bought one from DX & KaiDomain. Both arrived exactly 2 weeks from purchase date.

The KD has a smooth reflector.
The DX has an OP reflector.

That's weird(all of the pics on KD shows an OP-reflector?), and interesting. I wonder how good it throws compared to the OP-version, luxfigures etc. Maybe it's up with the other megathrowers? For me, I don't see the use of OP in LED lights at all. I have never seen a LED-beam that is so ringy that it interfers in real life use(whitewallhunting not included), and would prefer the throw much more.

maxilux

Enlightened
I get this light from newexcite, for this price not bad at the first moment.
After some minutes comes smoke ot of the switch and the light was down.
Now i wrote 4 times to newexcite, no anser !!! I ask for an replacement switch, no answer !! Is this the after sales service from newexite ?

Anyone have the same experiences with newexite ?
Where can i get an replacement switch for the Conqueror ?