Received my Fenix T1

herolet

Newly Enlightened
Same as a lot of other CPFers, I don't like the clip much. Even worse, I tried very hard but still couldn't remove it.

Very nice and bright beam. But the advertised "throw 200 meters" is a bit exaggerated. It's noticebly can't throw as far as the Dereelight DBS Q5 does. Even DBS Q5 can barely reach 200 meters (to my eyes anyway).

Fit and finish is top notch. Wife even mistakenly thought that I got a surefire. She said it looks as tough as her SF L1.

Wish I cold remove the clip without damaging it. Other than that, a perfect dog-walking flashlight.

I am pretty happy with the purchase.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same as a lot of other CPFers, I don't like the clip much. Even worse, I tried very hard but still couldn't remove it.

Very nice and bright beam. But the advertised "throw 200 meters" is a bit exaggerated. It's noticebly can't throw as far as the Dereelight DBS Q5 does. Even DBS Q5 can barely reach 200 meters (to my eyes anyway).

Fit and finish is top notch. Wife even mistakenly thought that I got a surefire. She said it looks as tough as her SF L1.

Wish I cold remove the clip without damaging it. Other than that, a perfect dog-walking flashlight.

I am pretty happy with the purchase.

I agree that not being able to take the clip off was a mistake by Fenix's part. I lasted a whole 50 minutes before using Powernoodle's foolproof method. (simply bend the clip back and fourth a few times and it will snap off at the base;))

Not the perfect way to do it, but effective and I like the light Sooo much better now. Plus, this light is made to be used...not worn as neck jewelry...especially if swimming.

As for quality, I wish SF made a light like this one. A recessed bezel protected by steel. Bright white (not purple like all of the 6PL and G2L beamshots I have seen. And two levels with a forward switch. Maybe they could loose the switch scallops and orange color, but as far as I am concerned, this kills anything SF has out in leds (in this size class) right now.

Enjoy your light! I hope you grow to like it as much as I like mine.

herolet

Newly Enlightened
... I lasted a whole 50 minutes before using Powernoodle's foolproof method. (simply bend the clip back and fourth a few times and it will snap off at the base;))

Enjoy your light! I hope you grow to like it as much as I like mine.

Thank you, woodrow!

I've actually thought about using th ePowernoodle's method, but second thought, the clip could be useful sometimes.

jugg2

Enlightened
Maybe they could loose the switch scallops and orange color

I can't do anything about the scallops, but if you have a Fenix light with a foward clicky ( like the L1T V2.0) you can take the extra black switch boot that comes with it and put it on your T-1. I did it with mine, and it looks much better.:thumbsup:

CanadianEh

Newly Enlightened
I was able to remove the clip easily by using 2 rubber strap wrenches, no damage to the head at all. Placed a small piece of heat-shrink tubing over the wire where it rubs against the body and put the clip back on. =)

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was able to twist the reflector head off and remove the clip.

skyline_man

Banned
I clamped the head in a vice with a towel wrapped around the head so that it doesn't get damaged. Then i wrapped another cloth over the body, took a big pair of vice grips - u can use any big pliers, clamped it on the cloth wrapped body and twist the head loose. Easy. No damage or marks to the body. No need to break the clip.
If you dont have a vice, u can even use two vice grips or pliers. :thumbsup:

garence

Newly Enlightened
Did David Chow say anything about Fenix making the clip optional in the near future? Personally, I think they ought to redesign it. Make it run closer to the body with the tip *not* touching the body, provide it in black anodized metal, and put a tough black ABS plastic roller on the very tip to protect against body scratches while easing mount/dismount.

Phaetos

Enlightened
Got my T1 in the mail today, along with a little thingy saying they couldn't fit the other package in the box, must be the DealExtreme package. I love the light. Didn't realize it shipped with 2 batteries in it tho. I was looking at the reflector and accidentally tapped the clicky. Got blasted at full power :faint: It's bright I tell ya! I can't seem to get my head off by hand, gonna have to try something else. I don't like the clip much either, if I'm gonna carry it, it will be in the holster that came with it. Otherwise, love the light. I even like the orange tailcap :grin2: