? regarding fenix p3d

rourtex23

Newly Enlightened
whats the real amount of lumens that it puts out the front 215 doesnt seem right to me, does anyone know?

rourtex23

Newly Enlightened
thank you is this a light that will wow people and do any of you recommend it?

BigD64

Enlightened
Yea it's a blinder. You get a lot of light for the money. I have one in my collection. Fits in a pocket nice too. Good EDC light.

KingGlamis

Banned
It's an awesome light for sure. It definitely WOWs non-flashaholics and even wows some flashaholics like me. It's my main EDC and I couldn't be happier.

rourtex23

Newly Enlightened
how long do you think this light will last? i wouldnt abuse it id use it for teching backstage

rourtex23

Newly Enlightened
awesome thank you i do own a 2007 version of the inova t3 will the fenix be way better and brighter?

rourtex23

Newly Enlightened
cool and do any of you know the throwing range if this light on each of the modes? and will it light up everything to that spot?

medicmerlynn

Newly Enlightened
rourtex23, you could probably search my posts about the regards i had to purchasing this light... i ended up buying it. the only thing wrong with this light is that it caused me to stop caring about the other lights i have or wanted to buy... seriously... one problem you might have teching backstage is that is might be too bright for what you need to do. the output is INSANE and the best part is that there are 4 different levels that provide adequate light for any thing you might need. rourtex23, seriously, i actually dare you not to buy the light... or better yet, buy one and join the rest of the happies like me.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you is this a light that will wow people and do any of you recommend it?

Yes. Buy two.

It beats the crap out of any SureFire. Sorry, I had an incident where a SureFire owner was showing off his G2 with the 120 lumen lamp assembly. Nope, the P3D Q5 blew that away.

I was a happy camper.

todo

Newly Enlightened
Yes. Buy two.

It beats the crap out of any SureFire. Sorry, I had an incident where a SureFire owner was showing off his G2 with the 120 lumen lamp assembly. Nope, the P3D Q5 blew that away.

I was a happy camper.

LOL I had a similar incident. My barber and I talk flashlights, and knives, he's allways all about surefire. So he asked me last time, what I think of the Fenix p3d. I said I have one, and its a great light and its rediculas bright. He said he put one on his xmas list and hopes he gets it. He pulled out his (I think it was an) E2E, will it be brighter than this he asked, and shinned it on the wall, couldn't see much cause it was daylight and all the lights were on, so he turned the lights out, but the room still had light in it, however you could see his beam on the wall. I said ya it will be much brighter. I said heck my little LOD is probably that bright, as I whipped it out, and yes it was brighter by alot with way more spill, (confession 10440's) he was a bit taken back by the LOD. I really don't think he ever looked at or bothered to ever compare his surfire against any other light head to head, he just always assumed he had the superior (brightest) light. He will be shocked when he gets his p3dq5.

shroomy

Newly Enlightened
awesome thank you i do own a 2007 version of the inova t3 will the fenix be way better and brighter?

A couple weeks back I'd bought a flashlight and was showing it to my girlfriend, she had a plastic 1 dollar or so jobby and she wanted to compare. She shone hers at the ceiling and i shone mine. She started saying that hers had a wider ring than mine but stopped in mid sentence and looked around the room. When I'd turned my flashlight on the whole room had lit up noticeably. That was an Inova XO3 which i believe is comparable to your t3.

Shortly after that i returned the XO3 and bought a P3d Q5. When it arrived my girlfriend was less than impressed, and so i did the bounce test again, with the P3D on turbo. The room lit-up. Alot. My girlfriend, who'd been in the middle of saying it wasn't going to be as bright, stopped in mid-sentence (again!) and just kinda glared at me. It was great. One of my happiest moments perhaps.

Needless to say i love my P3D. If you get one I believe you'll also find what Medicmerlynn said to be true. With almost any other light you'd consider buying, you'll have the nagging thought that your P3D is brighter.

rourtex23

Newly Enlightened
awesome, what kind of batteries do you guys recommend me to buy? primaries? or rechargeables? and if so what kind and from where?

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
awesome, what kind of batteries do you guys recommend me to buy? primaries? or rechargeables? and if so what kind and from where?

I got the AW RCR123A's sold at fenix-store. I got these at the same time as my P3D Q5. They (fenix-store) recommended it.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
... I really don't think he ever looked at or bothered to ever compare his surfire against any other light head to head, he just always assumed he had the superior (brightest) light. He will be shocked when he gets his p3dq5.

Sad thing is that I meet a lot of people who have bright lights and have a closed mind and would not even consider testing other brands other than what they already have. May it be Fenix or Surefire owners.

Last edited:

garence

Newly Enlightened
Sad thing is that I meet a lot of people who have bright lights and have a closed mind and would not even consider testing other brands other than what they already have. May it be Fenix or Surefire owners.
It's easy to become "loyal" to a brand you've bought and scorn others. After all, admitting another product is better invalidates your own--not fun... but it's all a matter of perspective. You'll notice that there are hundreds of high quality LED lights made these days, each having their own particular mix of advantages and disadvantages.

I think Surefire lights are probably the toughest around. Beating up an E2E and a P3D Q5 will show the E2E coming out looking a lot less shabby. Sure, the P3D may still work, but it'll look awful as Esthan demonstrated. But if you're going to keep your P3D mostly sheathed and used with care, it's irrelevant.

You always have to weigh several key factors in coming out with a ranking of lights. "LightReviews" judges construction, output, and value. I'd add one more, albeit subjective, as "visual appeal". Some lights are just darn sexy. :kiss: And that has an influence on purchase.

A P3D CE at just under $57 shipped (with CPF discount) is a great deal. Even better, the P3D Q5 (215 lumens) at $61 shipped!