Best way to issue a warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the best way to issue a warning so that as many CPFers as possible will see it.

Last night my house was almost set on fire by an exploding Battery Station Lithium primary AA battery. I started a new thread "Flashlight Electronics - Batteries Included" forum called "W A R N I N G - BS Battery Explodes", but that is probably not one of the most read forums.

What is the correct protocol for issuing a widespread warning?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
thease threads scare the hell outa me. but i guess its good jim is there a mass pm function? maybe sasha will help.and post it above im not sure but im glad u are ok

Illum

Flashaholic
Battery station explosions have plagued the forum many times before [mostly cr123A based, but one or two on AA primaries]....I think people knows by now...

your doing it right, no matter what subforum you post it in, its going to show up on "new posts" and usually thats the most frequented location
I think it might be a good idea to PM Kiessling and see if he can make a sticky on it...almost every time a battery warnings pop up the thread winds up turning into a jeer thread

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
What is the best way to issue a warning so that as many CPFers as possible will see it.

I don't know that there is a definitive "best way". Topically, the battery forum is proper. Some may not see it there. Likewise, the Cafe isn't viewed by all either. Regardless, we shouldn't be discussing it in multiple threads.

I'll lock this one, and leave this link to the other thread. Between your link in the first post, and the link in the last post, we ought to be able to direct people to the correct thread.

Due to the important advisory material, I'll sticky this thread for a few days, and permit it to draw additional interest to the thread in the batteries forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.