Homemade LED WALL Lighting

scripter

Newly Enlightened
Ok here is the deal I have a smal entertainment center and two computers all against 1 wall so that is a whole bunch of wires of which I am having a problem hiding. That brings me back to an old Idea I always wanted to try but till now didnt know how to in an apartment without drilling holes in walls and running all kinds of cables.

I am going to purchase about a 12 foot long PVC pipe and long ways cut it into quarters so that I can take one quarter and butt it up against the wall so that I can hide the cords. Now I have a way to hide my cords and now that I have done that I know have a way of mounting LED lights so that the light up the wall in different colors. here comes the problems

1. Powering the LED's : I was hoping that since I have a PC right there that I could find a way to power the lights from a spare USB port on the PC but not sure how to go about that or if there would be enough power.
  2. I am wanting to setup pods of lights about every 8 inches or so apart the pods are to make up RED green and blue so That I can make just about any color from there. I need to know how to wire the LED's
  3. I need to know what kind of LED to purchase
Anyhelp in this would be greatly appreciated.