• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Fivemega SMO Reflector

tussery

Enlightened
I am looking for a 8.38mm smooth Fivemega reflector (camless or dual funtion) for my Mag85. I have a MOP reflector but would like more throw. If anyone is willing to part with one let me know.

Cydonia

Enlightened
Since fivemega was sold out of all his 8.38mm Reflectors... I just went ahead and ordered one of his 10.5mm ones instead. :shrug: I expect the 2.12mm difference in size to cause...? Not sure... more artifacts, a loss of 100 lumens+ ? What will happen when using a 10.5mm reflector instead of an 8.38mm with the WA 1185 bulb?

nickz

Enlightened
Since fivemega was sold out of all his 8.38mm Reflectors... I just went ahead and ordered one of his 10.5mm ones instead. :shrug: I expect the 2.12mm difference in size to cause...? Not sure... more artifacts, a loss of 100 lumens+ ? What will happen when using a 10.5mm reflector instead of an 8.38mm with the WA 1185 bulb?

You will loose a little bit of output but not a terrible amount. Some of the old large hole reflectors I had in lights were swapped out for fivemega's 8.38 opening reflectors and that made a substantial difference in the ball park of a 15-20% gain in throw to my eyes. The older large hole reflectors I had have an opening large enough for the large 100W bi pin bulbs with quite a bit of room around them to spare. I would say the extra 2.1 mm is not going to be a large loss. Probably barely visible is my guess. I have an MOP in 10.5 but I only have LOP 8.38 I think so I cannot really do a comparison.

nickz

Enlightened
I can attest that while the kaidomain reflectors are a nice value, they do not work nearly as well as the fivemega models. I can easily notice a loss of output with my ROP Lo with fivemega reflector and my son's ROP Lo with kaidomain reflector. Both are the same texture and use the exact some eneloop lux luthor packs.

Value? Yes

Best value for the dollar? No