Fenix T1 .. I'm a weakling

Phaetos

Enlightened
In an attempt to figure out if the head on my new T1 was removable, I did manage to unscrew the body tube from the head, just where the neck attaches. That's great and all. I can't remove the head at all, won't budge. I also can't seem to get the tailcap off to easily change the batteries. I think they Loctited both ends of mine :thinking:

bbriand

Newly Enlightened
My local dollar store used to have a yellow handled rig that had a heavy duty strap. Sometimes the yellow handle works but I have in the past taken a set of channel locks and inserted a piece of rubber over the teeth and taken things apart that way. I haven't seen them lately though but a dollar store near you may have them :)

Bill

garence

Newly Enlightened
My local dollar store used to have a yellow handled rig that had a heavy duty strap. Sometimes the yellow handle works but I have in the past taken a set of channel locks and inserted a piece of rubber over the teeth and taken things apart that way. I haven't seen them lately though but a dollar store near you may have them :)

Bill
I'd stay away from the cheapie strap wrenches. I had one and it eventually snapped after a handful of uses. I'd expect the Sears ones to hold up much better.