Surefire 6PD Owners: I Have a Question

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
I usually edc two types of flashlights (three if you count the keychain light). A 'AA' battery flood-type light goes in my right pocket, while a tactical level-bright type of light goes in my left, normally bezel down.

My question: I want to pick up the Surefire 6PD after Xmas. Anyone who has it -- does carrying it bezel down (the "teeth") pose a problem for the cloth in your pocket? Does it wear it down any more than a normal flashlight? I handled the e2d the other day; the "teeth" on a e2d-- way too 'sharp' for pocket carry unless you utilize the clip. The 6PD's "teeth" looked a little less 'sharp' to me, but then again I was going by the SF website for photos.

If someone tells me the new 6PD does the same thing, I might just have to find another Surefire instead.

Thanks for your help.

flash_bang

Enlightened
I would say, yes they are about as "sharp" as an E2D's teeth, judging by my quick look-over and a minute or two of feeling at a sportsman's warehouse. I would say the best was to carry the 6PD would most likely be a holster or a nylon pouch of some sort, unless you have pockets that are made of canvas or something (like the Duluth trading work pants[which are pretty much the most amazing pants I've ever owned]).

I have a blackhawk CQC light holster with the add'tl paddle attachment, and that works just fine for my 6PL, though I'm not sure how much sitting you do, as sometimes whilst sitting the bezel of the light can jam into my side, which is why I sometimes put my T-shirt between the light and my skin, but other than that, it works great. Fast draw, awesome retention.

Hope this helps,
Flash

EDIT:The 6PD's teeth are duller than the E2D's

Last edited:

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Sorry can't answer your question re pocket wear. I have a 6pd, and to be honest I don't pocket carry it for the same reason as your question.

Light selection wise however, if the lights in the bottom of your sig line are what you currently have, i'd recommend adding an E2e, E2L, L1 or L4 to your collection. All of those are easier to pocket etc. If you're really keen on getting the 6p size clickie or the sharp bezel thats one thing: I think however an executive sized light will be a better addition to your current line up :)

Just my 2 cents..

quatra2008

Newly Enlightened
the teeth are infact less sharp than the e2d(i own both) so far my 6p defender has not done any damage to any of my clothing and i carry it everyday. i like the feeling of it in my hand better than the e2d and with a bog q5 in the 6p it is a bright light. it actually fits my pocket better than my p3d, p1d ce, e2d, e1l, x5, and many other smaller lights i own that shift around too much in my pocket. i would definitely suggest it.:twothumbs

flash_bang

Enlightened
I'll edit my post above regarding the teeth's sharpness, thanks for the info!
Also, where can I get a Z44 bezel?

Thanks,
Flash

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
Thanks you guys. I am so getting a 6PD now. If it starts messing with my pockets, I'll just throw it bezel up in some sort of holster. This is the SF I really want.

[And yet I really want all of them :mecry:]