Z2 drop in

Z06Pilot

Newly Enlightened
I want to update my incan Z2 with a drop in that has a Q5. I read some of the other posts, but it seems that the drop in's arn't very straight forward. People seem to have issues with the head not tightening/sealing fully, different runtimes/brightness depending on the number of level settings, heatsinking, beam quality, and actual output. I am looking for somthing with maximum throw, good beam and build quality, two or three levels/settings would be nice, and mabey the ability to use rechargeables. Would I gain anything (other than run time) with a cell extender, esentially making it a 3 cell sf. Also, I see alot of the lights have a strobe mode. I am not a big disco fan, and I don't think it would stop a mugger, but I was wondering if has tried detering a on a lose dog with one. Everyone in our neighborhood seems to have 2 dogs, but no leashes.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Malkoff devices is about as straight forward as you can get. Bog Q5 is good and the New WolfEyes Q5's shipped out on Monday. Wolf eyes will crank out a multi mode Q5 in a month or two I think, so you could wait on one of those. I say get one of the top 3 Q5's now and play with that till the multi mode Q5's are out then sell the single mode on BST when you are done with it.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There are many kinds o0f drop-ins. Some will only run at 4.2v max while others can take 18v no problem. Some are a bit too long and the head doesn't screw down all he way(but does cover the o-ring). Others have many modes while others are simple.

Check this thread.

:welcome: