e2d clicky starting to stick

97t-bird

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me how to take the e2d clicky apart mine is stating to stick a bit. I called surefire a while back and havent recieved the new one. Can anyone help me take this thing apart and hopefully fix it. Thanks. Greg

Numbers

Enlightened
You dont even need to take it apart just get a drop or two of oil in there and you should be fine. Worked for me.
The split ring at the base of the rubber boot can be unscrewed if you have to get it apart. I did not have a proper tool so I used the tines of an old fork (with the middle tines bent out of the way) with no damage to the tail cap.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
like numbers said. DON'T take it apart.

just 2-3 drops of oil in every hole you can see, and start clicking away.

trust us.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just sprayed a little WD40 into the holes, and works better than new. No need to take it apart. In fact, I have WD40'd all my SF clickies, and they are all smooth as butter.

97t-bird

Newly Enlightened
I grabbed some pentrating oil cant recall the type similiar to wd40 and seemed to fix it, after I did it i thought I messed it up as it felt a little wierd now everything is nice and smooth hopefully will last. Can I do this to my U2 old tailcap is sticks occasionally but Surefire sent me a new one?

Spence

Enlightened
I have the silicone spray but it has teflon in it, will that have any adverse effect on the clicky?

:shrug:
thinking.gif

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clicky on my L4 was a little sticky when it first arrived. It works fine now, it just needed to be worn in. A little lubrication will smooth things out.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those sticking old design switches only need some lubing. I had two fail (original after 1 week + replacement after 3 clicks) on my E2L. Both came back to life much more reliable after lubing but the 2nd replacement was of the newer design. This one has been flawless up to now! :)

Numbers

Enlightened
Those sticking old design switches only need some lubing. I had two fail (original after 1 week + replacement after 3 clicks) on my E2L. Both came back to life much more reliable after lubing but the 2nd replacement was of the newer design. This one has been flawless up to now! :)
What do I have to look for to determine if I have an old or a new design Z57 clickie?