Good Home For EverLED....Suggestions....

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
About to order a LEDdynamics EverLED and would be interested in suggestions of a good flashlight to put it in.

I'm looking for something durable that offers a good balance between size and runtime.

Currently at the top of my shortlist is the PT Tec 40 (I think this uses PR based bulbs). If run with lithiums this should be light-weight and offer pretty good runtime.

Any other suggestions ?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one on order too and plan to put it in a 4AA Turtle light rip off from Target. This light has a great reflector and really good throw with just the stock bulb, so I'm hoping that it will also function that well with this bulb too.

After that I plan to run around putting it in everything else that I own and see what happens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

soloco

Enlightened
The EverLED has some amazing possibilities. I'm personally going to put into every alkaline flashlight that I have that uses PR bulbs, especially flashlights with more cells. Usually the voltage of the cells drops enough that they become unusable with the bulb that is rated for the flashlight, even though there is still lots of capacity left in the batteries; but the EverLED should be able to drain it down pretty far. Think about a 6 cell at 9V. When they get down to 0.8V a cell they are pretty much useless. But 4.8V is still good enough for the EverLED; they claim full brightness with 2 new cells (3V).

Raven

Enlightened
I wonder what kind of results would come from putting one in a mag 6C, which is exactly my plan.

Raven

Kill-O-Zap

Enlightened
Raven,

I'm going to have to guess you won't be too impressed with the brightness, going from a 6 cell Mag to that. My guess is the EverLED will find its best home in small flashlights that aren't all that bright in the first place. It's just a 1W LS after all, and it doesn't have a massive heatsink, so it's not way overdriven. I think James and x-ray have the right idea. Just my guess.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must agree with Kill-O-Zap "My guess is the EverLED will find its best home in small flashlights that aren't all that bright in the first place." I have a 2AA Garrity Tuff Light
827567.gif
(apparently what is on the ad page), a 2AA Garrity Glow Light, A 2AA Lumilite www.lumilite.com/translucents.asp
and a few other SMALL 2 cell lights awaiting the blessed arrival of the drop in module.
Also interested in the Smith and Wesson 2AA light
418172.jpg
www.smith-wesson.com/Products/showdetl.cfm?productID=1974&subcat=6 as ONE advertisement I saw for it states "bright Kripton bulb" - which I HOPE is a PR base. Anyone know for sure?

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Mine is going into either a 2C or 2D light as I want the runtime offered by the extra capacity of the larger cells. I feel that 2AA config at 1W would yield at best 90 mins of runtime. Just a guestimate though. I have a hombrew setup utilizing a MadMax(regulated 1W Luxeon) in a 2D mag setup and it runs for 2 days (just over 48hrs) at FULL brightness before dropping out of regulation. So I am basing my choice on my (anecdotal)experience.

E equals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
Stainless said:
Also interested in the Smith and Wesson 2AA light as ONE advertisement I saw for it states "bright Kripton bulb" - which I HOPE is a PR base. Anyone know for sure?

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
I had a NIB S&W AA that I used for a gift at Christmas...pretty sure it was a bi-pin...

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking about asking the same question. I am mostly interested in long run time and would consider a 3-cell C or D light.

Does anyone make a high quality multi-cell light that would accept the Ever-Led other than Mag-lite? I am well acquantied with their products and would
like to try something different.

Empath

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Wolfen said:
Does anyone make a high quality multi-cell light that would accept the Ever-Led other than Mag-lite? I am well acquantied with their products and would
like to try something different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brinkmann's Legend series comes in several configurations. I'm thinking it would work well in a Legend 2C or 3C. The head not being flared so wide offers a more aesthetically pleasing appearance than a mag.

Aeryk

Newly Enlightened
Im probably gonna put one in my Mag 3D, it needs a good replacement bulb.

Aeryk

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I will try it in an Everready Waterproof 4D lantern, a PT Tec40, a Sams Choice 3D, a couple of different cheap headlamps, and a Radio Shack 3C.

Drakonchik

Newly Enlightened
As for me, I'll park those EverLEDs in a Brinkmann 3D, Maglite 3D, Lumilite 4700 (9V), and my Girl Scout 2D L-type--at least until we CPFers figure out the bitchinest application for this new do-it-all LED.

Any bets the Girl Scouts will come out on top?

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
Drakonchik said:

[/ QUOTE ]

On top of what??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif hehe

JUST KIDDING!!!

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok had a bit of a re-think, my new plan is to use a 2D Mag as home for my EverLED...

Why ? you ask.....

Well if I add 2x Elektrolumens 3-To-D battery holders and a Magnum Star 5 cell bulb I can then easily switch between the bright overdriven incandescent (brighter than a standard 6D Mag) and the long runtime of the EverLED.

As the bulb not currently being used can be stored in the tail of the of the Maglite, this will give me two flashlights in one.

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
I plan on using mines in an Sears Craftsman 2D Aluminum flashlight with led power meter. All craftsman lights are now coming with this feature standard.

On a side note, I just rec'd shipping confirmation from LEDSupply that my forever LEDs are on their way. Scheduled for delivery on Wednesday the 19th. I'm now getting anxious. Can't wait to see what all the hoopla is aboat anyways. I'll have to figure oot what to do with the other one. Maybe in an lantern. I was thinking my Neveready Arc White, but that light isn't rugged enough for my taste. I also was considering one of those Freeplay wind up flashlights that Sherpa Image used to sell, but on my last visit to them, it looks as if they've dropped that line.

Ed.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LEDmodMan said:
[ QUOTE ]
Drakonchik said:

[/ QUOTE ]

JUST KIDDING!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... don't feel bad... Somebody had to say it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
revolvergeek said:
[ QUOTE ]
LEDmodMan said:
[ QUOTE ]
Drakonchik said:

[/ QUOTE ]

JUST KIDDING!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... don't feel bad... Somebody had to say it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
What, no photos!?!?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif