Ghosthunting

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone here gone ghost hunting before?

aparently people's lights ALWAYS fail because the ghost feeds off the energy in your batteries, or something like that, thats why the surrounding area is cold. Any experiences?:faint:

im not looking to go, then again, would make a great way to test out the capabilities of a light..

Of course there are some people who dont believe in ghosts, but either way, a totaly dark house where you can test out your new light....sounds tantilising huh?

And what light would you bring?

Crenshaw

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was a child and about to cross a street my mother told me to look left and right for cars and trucks, and up for witches and ghosts. But I haven't looked lately.

However, were I to do so, I'd probably elect to carry something with a lot of flood to better catch each fleeting apparition. And were I to bring along an unbeliever, I'd probably have a Fenix LOD Q4 set to high and powered by a 10440. Draining the battery in just ten minutes or so might really make a believer out of someone. (This chain of events could work out really fine if you brought along your girlfriend - dark house, scary, no light left.)

LightInTheWallet

Newly Enlightened
Bring the best light you have, because an "apparition" is probably as likely to respond to light as a court -ordered paternity test. Don't be scared it's only (dead ) people.:thumbsup:.

djblank87

Enlightened
I went this previous Halloween with some friends from work that are way into hunting the dead. One guy has an all the Infared, night vision and voice recorders.

We went out in the desert where some people died from being hit by a train or something to that affect. Needless to say we did not see anything or hear anything, but it was a fun little get toghter.

1 what

Enlightened
Since most ghosts don't illuminate with 10KW intensity and they are fickle++ I'd recommend a low intensity red light to preserve night vision and something with a long burn time to move about the "site" and waiting. Believe it or not I've done post-graduate level research in this area and very few sightings are made in total darkness. A Fenix P3D (on low) with red filter would be ideal. (Thanks 4sevens, I'll accept 10% off the next purchase). In case you ask i've met a lot of people who believe they have seen things but remain un-convinced re the reality. Like beauty, it's all in the interpretation.:candle:
stdeniskd4.jpg

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I absolutely love investigations into the paranormal and remain a firm believer in the possibilities of ghosts, poultergeists etc.

I am slightly more swayed, these days, by the power of suggestion and psychology rather than paranormality but to each their own. So for ghost hunting I would suggest a good red light and a couple of very bright flooders for relieving the fear when it gets too much. So I'll go with the P3D Q5 with the red filter and a Magled 3D or a Princeton Tec Surge - or even any of the no brand ! million candlepower jobbos from your local hardware. Say what you will about Mags, they sure are hefty and reassuring in the hand!

My take on it is, if you take fright and run/flee - you may damage or lose your lovely expensive Mcluxes, Mods, SF Titans etc. So stay cheap and effective instead.

Do not take any pebbles or marbles!!!

Be lucky...

Radio

Modulated Moderator
I guess it's time to "OUT" myself. I'm an unofficial member of TAPS. I have an EMF meter, a couple of zero lux digital camcorders(3 CCD) and several digital recorders used for EMF's.( I need to get a FLIR) I have met both Grant and Jason several times. They actually did several investigations last year in my area. Now let me explain. My wife is the believer, I am the cynic. I try to "debunk" everything that is attributed to the paranormal. That being said, I have peronally witnessed some very strange things that I can not explain. Last but not least it is a lot of fun and very exciting :). Have fun GhostHunting!!!!! :tinfoil:

Last edited:

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that a night out in a haunted house could be a great deal of fun. I wouldn't get too disappointed if you dont find any ghosts. What fun about the snipe hunt is not catching the snipe, but the drinking... I'd bring a couple of $.99 lights from wallmart to use when you want dim, flickery, oh my gosh is that a ghost or are my batteries just loose! And then I'd have something decent in my pocket to use in case I actually needed some light to get safely around.

Then take a lot of pictures in the dark so that you can capture some blurry images, lense flare and dust particles and swear to your friends later that they are ghost pictures!

Great fun :D

shakeylegs

Enlightened
The few people I know who've claimed to encounter ghosts or spirits didn't need a flashlight. When we first moved to Napa Valley, my wife, daughter and I were essentially homeless as nothing was available. My wife came down with strep throat and a new acquaintance was nice enough to put us up in an historic old farmhouse on her property. My daughter slept alone upstairs in one of the two tiny bedrooms. After one night she refused, preferring to sleep with us downstairs. She saw nothing, but she felt something, a presence of sorts, and was uncomfortable. We later learned from the owner that the house was "occupied".

As a child and teen in Poland, my rebellious artist wife would frequent the local Gdansk graveyards - nothing kinky, she just loved the solitude (this was communist Poland where everyone was watching) and the beautiful statuary. Nighttime in winter was her favorite. She claims to have seen occasional spirits glowing through the night. But she doesn't like to talk about it much. At first she was frightened but it didn't scare her off. She still loves to walk a cemetery at night, any chance she gets. I've gone along but never seen a thing.

Before I was married, I had a Brazilian girlfriend. After a time she confided that she was a Medium and Spiritist. As she described it, Spiritism was a blend of African religious tradition and Catholicism. She claimed to be able to Astral Project ( project herself out of body ), an ability she once demonstrated in my presence. It was enough to make me question my previous disbelief in such things. I still get goosebumps thinking about it! Anyway, eventually I realized that she saw spirits everywhere, and it was a real struggle for her to stay grounded without distraction in "real" world events.

Each of these people is extremely sensitive and perceptive. Whether they are, seeing something, or tuning into something, or just conjuring something, their experiences are very real for them. And the spill over has sent a few chills up my spine, even though I lean toward skepticism.

If you're going to go, bring an open attitude, a red beam flashlight to preserve your vision, and the brightest white torch you've got so you don't trip and injure yoursef as you're running away in terror.

Illum

Flashaholic
it was commonly believed that ghosts or spirits will occupy an unoccupied/abandoned home for reasons of sorts...and for some unknown reason there are research/explorers that came up with similar results. ghost hunting in a graveyard sometimes blurs your thought process. its like using a flashlight with holes and rings and artifacts, it sometimes misleads you into thinking theres something there:ohgeez:

if your going to bring a flashlight, for heavens sake bring something that doesn't use a smooth reflector and a @#$% krypton lamp

LED BriCK

Enlightened
I was once awakened in the middle of the night by a floating apparition who told me, "I am Dennis Lan. Please stay out of my pumphouse!"
:whistle:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Very interesting thread !

Anyone else have some stories ?

Any specific details would be interesting.

Sounds like a great way to "test" your flashlights. :)

_

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened
Went on an all night jobby a few weeks back for the first time.

Took place in Margam castle in south Wales, fantastic Gothic building.

Lights off most of night for effect and atmosphere, icy cold and blowing a gale!

Took:

Lumapower D mini.

Fenix P3D

Olight T20 Q5 and an

Inova Bolt (2AA), which I lent to a friend.

The Olight came up trumps, absolutely mega, it blew everyone away ( including any prospective ghosts).

Very impressive light, many people commented on its power!

The scariest thing I saw all night was the cheap coffee, but I had a great time playing with my lights!!!

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went into a friend's "haunted" attic once with my slightly modified 9P. The scariest thing up there was the amount of fiberglass insulation floating around.