Changing the emitter in mr. bulk lionheart

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to changed the luxeon to seoul, is it as easy as it seems? Unsolder the two wire leads, remove the old star, scrape clean, stick new star in with thermal compound, resolder two wire leads? I've never done any soldering work in a flashlight before.

When I searched old threads there's a mention of "careful about ground stake", and there's a tiny pipe thingy which I'm guess is it, but there's no more info about it. Also what about alignment? The luxeon star seem to sit at a certain height, will it be hard to align the new star to get a good focus?

All in all I want a better emitter, but am not sure about doing it myself because I really like this little light and don't want to mess it up.

Maybe I should just trade it for something with a cree or seoul to begin with? :shrug:

MrMimizu

Enlightened
It's not too expensive for a Seoul LED so you can just buy one and see if it fits. I changed out my TWOJ for a UWOK LUX III a while back and I don't recall there being anything in the way. As long as the shape of the SEoul star is the same as the Lux III one, should be straight forward.
Also, I couldn't find my arctic silver so I just reused what was in there. They had much more than was necessary.