Pila - CODEX & Other LED Lights

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
The CODEX module is pretty cool, I got to play with one a week or two ago - offhand, though, the only other light that might be able to use it would be Wolf-Eyes..

GilmoreD

Newly Enlightened
Bump -
Any One???? I have the Wolf-Eyes 6A Sniper. I would be really interested in knowing if the Codex will fit it.
Thanks,
Dave

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's technically possible, but it's a really long explanation. I'm not even sure if it works or not, but if you're willing to hear me out get ready to hold your breath. Ready? Here it goes...

I tried attaching a CODEX 3 to my old-style GL3 (essentially a Wolf Eyes Raider), but the space between the outer contact spring is too far apart. You will need to devise a method to make some kind of connection to complete the circuit, perhaps another spring or a coiled paper clip. There's also too much space between the battery and tailcap, so you will need a battery spacer or something to achieve contact between the two. Once you get those out of the way, you will need to buy a new Pila bezel/head for $21; because the stock WE's are too short for the CODEX module.

OK you can breathe now.:):poke::faint:

Here's the bad news: after all is said and done I'm not sure if this will even work. For one I don't have a old-style GL2 or WE Sniper to try this on, and chances are the same/similar issues I explained above will apply. Another thing I noticed is my old-style Pila has contact issues with certain lamp assemblies. Since the underside of the CODEX is identical to the newer LA's (with inner and outer spring), there's a good chance I'll have contact issues. I can't speak for all WE's and old-style Pilas, it's just an underlying issue I've been dealing with.

I'm not trying to put you off from buying a CODEX, but frankly there are quite a few impracticalities involved. It would be interesting to see it work, I'm actually thinking about trying this out myself. It'll be a pain but I'll see what I can do. The new combined body certainly looks very interesting as well.:duh2: Honestly you are better off buying a brand new Pila GL2 w/CODEX 2 instead of going through all this trouble.:(

Again not trying to burst your bubble, it's just they didn't have the old-style models in mind when they designed the CODEX.

I'd like to see it work; and if you decide to pursue this, good luck!

Dudemar

Last edited: