TENERGY CR123's, Do you like 'em?

Spence

Enlightened
I'm about to order a bulk quantity, (100) TENERGY CR123A, 1300 mAh, primaries, batteries from Battery Junction, $94+. It's about the best price I've found and I have a few handfulls of them that came with SureFire lights I've bought from them. I meter my batteries and the TENERGY cells NEW, meter between 3.04 and 3.69 volts...I think that's bizarre. Does anybody have experience with this brand of primaries, and comments about them? I've searched the threads, and mostly, members are inquiring about TENERGY RCR123A rechargeables. I'd like to have a little more confidence in those batteries before I purchase a bulk of them.
Spence
:thinking::broke::duh2::confused:
mpr.gif

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
By an odd set of circumstances, I wound up with two orders of 50 Tenergy CR123s received a few weeks apart. I personally have had no problems with the Tenergy CR123s (primary cells), nor have any of the half-a-dozen locations that sticks of 10 cells were given to. The most notable usage location was a church and school staff which involves maybe a dozen people all using that Tenergy CR123 cell. Again, no problems have been reported. FWIW, nearly all of the LED flashlights in use have been Fenix single-cell 123 lights, ie: the Fenix P1-CE.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Spence,

The Tenergy CR123 cells did well in the 123 shoot out testing. They actually ended up on top when tested at 2 amps.

I did notice that the ZTS tester had some mixed results, but my sample size was small. The cells that I had came in at 80 and 100% on the ZTS.

Tom

Gunnerboy

Enlightened
I bought 35 of these from All-Battery.com around a year ago, and have used perhaps 25 so far. I've used them in two & three cell applications and have never seen any problems. IIRC, each cell measured between 3.35V-3.38V.

Great deal at the time. Including shipping, it average out to under a dollar a piece. I would still recommend them.

I've now standardized my 123's to the U.S.-made, black-labelled Panasonics.

Cheers,
Gary

Darkpower

Newly Enlightened
I use their RCR123 Litium Ion rechargeables and they are excellent. I use them daily and I will probably order more in the near future. I also bought about 2 dozen of their primaries but I haven't tried them out yet.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I bought 35 of these from All-Battery.com around a year ago, and have used perhaps 25 so far. I've used them in two & three cell applications and have never seen any problems. IIRC, each cell measured between 3.35V-3.38V.

Great deal at the time. Including shipping, it average out to under a dollar a piece. I would still recommend them.

I've now standardized my 123's to the U.S.-made, black-labelled Panasonics.

Cheers,
Gary

3.35V-3.38V is very high for CR123's, USA brands anyway. Is this a standard voltage in some other countries? Why are USA CR123's usually around 3.25 volts starting?

Bill

Spence

Enlightened
Thanks, one and all for the comments. I feel confident enough to go ahead and order a bulk of the Tennergies. I've had no problems with the twenty, or so, I've used in my lights. I use a muti-meter to test all of my cells, new, used, and fresh off the charger, in order to match voltage levels of batteries going into 2 and 3 cell lights. I'm really sold on metering, now, after finding such broad ranges in them. You know, a great little multi-meter tester is sold by Wal-Mart, about $15 in their tool section. It reads a digital display to the hundredths of a volt, FYI. Also, from what I've shopped, the Tennergy CR123's are about the best price at Battery Junction.com, anybody found a better deal (or am I allowed to ask that here)?
Thanks, everyone.
Spence
buttrock.gif