Tailcap does not glow on Fenix P3D Olive

snakyjake

Enlightened
I ordered the Fenix P3D Q5 Olive light with an orange tail cap, and it is supposed to be a fluorescent glowing tail cap.
The orange/fluorescent tail cap is not emitting or glowing any light.

Is there something wrong with the tail cap? Anyone else have the same issue, or does yours glow?

Thank you,

Jake

oregon

Enlightened
I have extra glow-in-the-dark (these really work after being charged with light), lime green colored, tailcaps I would be happy to send you if you care to pm your mailing address. They measure about 1/2 inch across the button x about 3/4 inch across the back x 5/16 inch high.

P1070307.jpg

I have a P3D Q5 olive, textured reflector, enroute but don't know about the stock tailcap, sorry.

oregon

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stick it right next to a light bulb and go to a dark room to see if it glows.

The glow cap on T1 sucks big time, even if you do that it'll glow for a few minutes tops.

oregon

Enlightened
The glow cap on T1 sucks big time, even if you do that it'll glow for a few minutes tops.

Your experience reflects my experience exactly in that GID is puny and short lasting in all applications I've ever experienced.

My best results come from using GID gaskets around the base of CFBs in the house. When I switch the lights off the bands glow for a few minutes dropping output off rapidly. With this light treatment plus a few around the right doorknobs keep me on track as I trundle my bundle to dreamland in the dark.

oregon

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the Fenix P3D Q5 Olive light with an orange tail cap, and it is supposed to be a fluorescent glowing tail cap.
The orange/fluorescent tail cap is not emitting or glowing any light.

Is there something wrong with the tail cap? Anyone else have the same issue, or does yours glow?

Thank you,

Jake

Everything's OK! It's not glow-in-the-dark but fluorescent tailcap. It means it only looks brighter than everything around when it's getting dark but it doesn't glow when it got dark.

snakyjake

Enlightened
"Orgeon",

I received the tailcaps in last night's mail. The tailcap works awesome! The glow performed exactly like how I wanted.

I'm now very happy :clap:

Jake

I have extra glow-in-the-dark (these really work after being charged with light), lime green colored, tailcaps I would be happy to send you if you care to pm your mailing address. They measure about 1/2 inch across the button x about 3/4 inch across the back x 5/16 inch high.

I have a P3D Q5 olive, textured reflector, enroute but don't know about the stock tailcap, sorry.

oregon