4 Cree Light !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
it was 3 light for the masses now 4 light in single unit? Check this out, SKU is 10451. I wonder how good is it?

thanks

W-c.Scenario

Newly Enlightened
I couldnt resist buying it, even if theirs no specs.
Now lets hope it produces 600 -800 lumens whithout going :poof: :p

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the way Romisens are built. Looks like a good value. I'm sure the beam won't be pretty on the wall, but will be impressive for actual use.

ledebuhr1

Newly Enlightened
I want to see someones opinion of this light. How much brighter is it than the MX Power 3 cree. I have the MX Power and its build quality is just OK. Not on the level of Fenix.
The only thing I dont like about ordering from DX is that it takes so long. Why cant they ship this stuff from China to a warehouse in the US and then ship it to our houses.

bspofford

Enlightened
I orderd one too. Since it runs on 4X16340 or 2X18650, it should also run on 3X16340 with one segment removed from the tube. I have several Romisen lights now, and they're well made.

oregon

Enlightened
Why cant they ship this stuff from China to a warehouse in the US and then ship it to our houses.

It appears to me that postage is cheap from China. If mailed from the USA some of their item prices would be dwarfed by USPS postage.

Once they have a nexus, a warehouse, in the USA they would have local, state and federal income, sales, property and other tax issues.

oregon

Glance2

Newly Enlightened
Ordered one too! I've been looking for a light with the potential to be easily modified into a bike light and this one looks good. I like that will run off two 18650 which means I can drive it with 7.2v lithium ion packs without having to find a boast driver.

I'd also like to use this light for my bike. I am a novice, how would you drive it with Li-ion packs? Is this easy to do? Are there tutorials?

ledebuhr1

Newly Enlightened
Oregon,
Dont they have to pay USPS postage once the product enters the US?

I would really like to see beam shots of this thing.

I hope the switch is better than the LOW-STROBE-HIGH that is on the MX Power. That combination is very anoying.

oregon

Enlightened
Oregon,
Dont they have to pay USPS postage once the product enters the US?

I don't know.

It justs seems obvious to me that regular mail out of China must be subsidized somehow when I see the price of delivered goods from the discount Chinese vendors.

oregon

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
wow, p4s are only 160 lumens at one amp.
i didn't know q5s were 50% brighter at the same power levels.
these are bigger jumps than i thought! (the bins i mean)

saands

Newly Enlightened
I don't know.

It justs seems obvious to me that regular mail out of China must be subsidized somehow when I see the price of delivered goods from the discount Chinese vendors.

oregon

I always thought this too ... but then I went to China ... you might be surprized by the actual cost of things over there ... I needed an umbrella when I got caught in a rainstorm and figured that was about the worst possible time to negotiate the price of an umbrella. I saw a street vendor and he offered me one "Here, here, How much you pay?" I was delayed in my answer trying to convert to the local currency when he made the first offer: 6 RMB ... that's $0.75 for a new, functional, collapsible umbrella IN A TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR ... I bought two without haggling and went on my way ... the point is that the prices might be dwarfed by postage, and it STILL might be a fine business model.

Saands

johnnymceldoo

Newly Enlightened
Well I have the WF-500 3 cree ultafire and a little while ago decided to see what the runtime would be on two 18650's. It made it about 13 minutes and shut down. I can smell something burnt inside the light and lights no longer come on. I dont know if DX will replace it as ive not done too much business with them but I'll be finding out.

Ive got a wolfeyes storm on the way and hopefully it will be more reliable especially since its so expensive.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I have the WF-500 3 cree ultafire and a little while ago decided to see what the runtime would be on two 18650's. It made it about 13 minutes and shut down. I can smell something burnt inside the light and lights no longer come on. I dont know if DX will replace it as ive not done too much business with them but I'll be finding out.

There's obviously a big-time short in the light.

johnnymceldoo

Newly Enlightened
There's obviously a big-time short in the light.

Im not smart enough to find out what the culprit was but i did read a thread here where a handful of guys were having similar problems.

Id be leary about getting the 4 cree light.

My most recent purchase was the ultrafire EMC1 powered by 1 cr123 and its an awesome little light for the money. Runtime is about 30 minutes though on high.

ledebuhr1

Newly Enlightened
Is there a big cost difference between a P4 and P5 Cree LED? If they wanted to make it as bright as possible, why not use a P5.

Status
Not open for further replies.