Malkoff M60 Q5 and WE Q5 beamshots

jbviau

Enlightened
Sweet--this should be good. I'd like to see a throw test if possible.

Enlightened
Please note that my camera is old (4.1mp) and that it's really hard to capture a really good picture. The LED tint is sort of off from the real deal. I tried my best to capture the overall brightness and beam.

This is just a sample to hold us over until tonight. It's still plenty bright outside. I'll set up the tripod later in the evening to get some better pictures. Again, please reserve your final judgement until the end of all the non-scientific testing.

Body: Surefire Z2
Batteries: AW RCR123 3.7v (x2)

Malkoff M60 Q5 drop-in
850ch2q.jpg

Wolf Eyes HO 3.7v-13v Q5 drop-in
6q3sb6a.jpg

oren1s

Newly Enlightened
Nice shots. What do you think seeing it in your eyes? Does someone can compare it to BOG Q5???

I want to order too, but don`t know which.... (pls don`t advise take them both or so.... :)

Enlightened
I'll try to get a better sense of what my eyes see tonight. I need darkness. :devil:

I've owned a BOG Premium Plus drop-in. From what I remember the BOG had a deep reflector giving it a more pinpoint beam if you will. It wasn't as spread out like the Wolf Eyes.
IMO and it still stands, the Wolf Eyes has the most practical beam. It has a good mixture of spill and throw.
This is my first experience with Malkoff's new culminator (spelling) setup. I have his "older" stuff.

Enlightened
It's really hard to capture the correct tint with a digital camera. If you expose it too long everything will appear brighter than it is.
I'll see what I can do tonight.

My garage was not pitch black during the photos. There was some light leaking into the garage. Again, wait until later tonight as stated to judge the drop-ins.

And yes, it is a Q5..
6phfts0.jpg

Last edited:

oren1s

Newly Enlightened
The BOG i ment is for the "Super Premium" ver. any comment?

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
Just got my M60 Q5 today as well and it is freakishly bright. Fit and finish is perfect, I'm really impressed with the quality. The M60 is perfect for Surefires...hard core output for hard core illumination tools. It's safe to say this will be the first of many Malkoff devices in my collection. Two thumbs up :twothumbs

Enlightened
Again, please don't be too critical on the tints. It's nothing like seeing it in person. The M60 Q5 I have is nice and white. I love it. It just doesn't reproduce well with my camera.

Well here are better ones taken with a tripod. I'll get outdoors in a few.

Wolf-Eyes HO Q5 3.7v-13v
6yv6e5u.jpg

All the Malkoffs that I have:
711rjsy.jpg

86g5d15.jpg

8fl7alc.jpg

Gladius SSC
7xdr4pk.jpg

Enlightened
Outdoors comparing the M60 Q5 and the WE HO Q5... I'll try to get a few more pics up tonight of something else.

6uglqow.jpg

6su3dee.jpg

8awoo00.jpg

6jg69h0.jpg

Last edited:

Enlightened
My feeble attempt at comparing throw. The top of the tree in the middle was the point of aim.
Looks like the M60 has the edge. You can slightly see the beam on the left side of the picture.

86hag0o.jpg

6uhfhp1.jpg

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now those beamshots look like my M60 Q5. Well done.

I love the warm tint and great spill. I just returned from tonight's walk along the foothills and it's my new favorite 6P/G2 drop-in for walking.

Don't have the WE Q5, but my BOG Q5 throws much farther than the M60 Q5.

GBone

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for those outstanding pictures!

Waiting for my Malkoff to arrive so I can compare it to my BugOut Q5. The BO Q5 is an amazing thrower, but it doesn't fit well in my SF C2, hoping the Malkoff fits better, no gap that is. I will trade a bit of the throw for a head that screws down all the way.

txgp17

Enlightened
I don't own a Wolf-Eyes or a BOG, but I've got two foreign made Q5's and a Malkoff P4, along with a Fenix Q5 & a P100. The Malkoff has the best beam in terms of throw and spill. My M60 Q5 should be waiting on me when I get home in the morning.

I hope Gene's full-time dedication really takes off. I'd love to see him expand his lineup to other SF models like the M3.

Enlightened
I am currently doing runtime tests on the drop-ins. Nothing fancy..just timing it until they turn off.

I am using 2x AW RCR123's (3.7v) in the Z2.

Enlightened
Runtime test #1 complete..

Malkoff M60 Q5
Surefire Z2 with freshly charged 2x AW RCR123 (3.7v)

Light turned off at approx. ~39 min 50 secs

Latest posts