does something like this exist?

nitebrite

Enlightened
a flashlight that takes a single cr123, has multiple digital levels with a xr-eq5, is less than 2.8" long, less than .8" diameter and.... is made out of solid titanium with a sapphire lens?

that is what i wish for. :)

nitebrite

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this is about as close as you will come. Not sure about the Titanium.

Muyshondt Nautilus available at Bright Guy for $185.00

nitebrite

Enlightened
it doesn't have titanium or sapphire.
overall the p1d probably stands as a better value. even though the Nautilus is somewhat nicer at 3 times the price.

i bet if fenix made a "super premium" p1d with titanium and sapphire it would be $100 or so. i'll just have to wait....

thanks,
nitebrite

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really don't think you're going to see a light with all those features in Titanium and with a sapphire lens for $100 from anyone. Closest I've seen is a Chinese light from DX for $118 but it uses the old P4 Cree and it's about 3.5 inches long. Go with the Exolion yaesumofo mentioned - it's a quality custom.

nbp

Flashaholic
In your original post, you said nothing about price, you said it was a wish. In that case, go for the Titan. That's my wish too. Happy hunting.

nitebrite

Enlightened
i wanted cr123 and under 2.8" long. it's just a wish list. i understand why the titan is longer but it is too long for me. still, it would be what i want if it was shorter and took a 123.

the ti exolion does not have a sapphire lens and it takes a cr2. hey, if i am wishing why not wish for exactly what i want? :)

sapphire is more scratch resistant but if you drop it on cement it will certainly shatter. it is much more shatter prone than mineral glass. but for pocket use with keys and such i think it is just the ticket.

as for wanting the cr123, you just can't get the run time on high out of a cr2. it is less than half the mah. assuming the light puts out over 100 lumens on high.

to recoup, more or less what i am looking for is a p1dce-q5 in titanium with a sapphire lens. that light is my perfect edc otherwise. it is great for me. i'd just like more to "brag" about it. i don't care where it is made or what it costs.

only problem with the p1dce-q5(and most high power lights) is that even on the regular setting it gets boiling hot after 5 minutes. i don't know if titanium is more or less of a heat conductor than aluminum.

thanks for the suggestions so far guys,
nitebrite

nitebrite

Enlightened
well i guess thats it.
the p1dce-q5 is sort of a miracle for $61 as it stands imo. i would like titanium and sapphire for the james bond factor. other than that i do not know what additional functionality it offers. only plus i know of is that titanium scratches through the same color. the p1d haIII is darn tough as it is though. also, sapphire is not the most transparent glass. neat as it sounds.

nitebrite