Novatac 85P arrived. Purple beam!!!

BobCol

Newly Enlightened
My new 85P has just arrived. Made some comparisons with my HDS B42XP and P2D Q2 in my backyard which is fairly large, in a very dark night. The Novatac in max (85 lm) equals the P2D in turbo (135 lm), in throw and spill, at least to my eyes (granted old and tired). Even considering the well known fact that Novatac lumens are not the same as Fenix lumens, I was a little surprised - and pleased - with it. I tried to evaluate both beams on nearby areas and distant objects - 30 to 50 yds - and found no detectable difference! Then came the white wall testing and there I was also a little surprised because when compared with both lights, but specially with the HDS, my Novatac has a very noticeable purple beam!! I´m not a tint fanatic in any way but I must say it bothered me a little.
Now a few words about the famous clip. Granted it is not the most cute and elegant thing on earth but I found it very functional and useful. Its shape with the pronounced curve where it touches the body is very adequate for latching the light with the finger in various holding positions. Also its orientation with the open side towards the lamp is well suited to attach it in a pocket for reading a map or something.
All in all I´m pleased with my purchase and will EDC it from now on.
Hope you guys excuse me if this is all old stuff, but just wanted to share these few thoughts.
Merry Christmas to all!
Bob

Khaytsus

Enlightened
My new 85P has just arrived. Made some comparisons with my HDS B42XP and P2D Q2 in my backyard which is fairly large, in a very dark night. The Novatac in max (85 lm) equals the P2D in turbo (135 lm), in throw and spill, at least to my eyes (granted old and tired). Even considering the well known fact that Novatac lumens are not the same as Fenix lumens, I was a little surprised - and pleased - with it. I tried to evaluate both beams on nearby areas and distant objects - 30 to 50 yds - and found no detectable difference! Then came the white wall testing and there I was also a little surprised because when compared with both lights, but specially with the HDS, my Novatac has a very noticeable purple beam!! I´m not a tint fanatic in any way but I must say it bothered me a little.
Now a few words about the famous clip. Granted it is not the most cute and elegant thing on earth but I found it very functional and useful. Its shape with the pronounced curve where it touches the body is very adequate for latching the light with the finger in various holding positions. Also its orientation with the open side towards the lamp is well suited to attach it in a pocket for reading a map or something.
All in all I´m pleased with my purchase and will EDC it from now on.
Hope you guys excuse me if this is all old stuff, but just wanted to share these few thoughts.
Merry Christmas to all!
Bob

The P2D CE P4 is specced at 135, measured at 110. The difference between 85 and 110 isn't enough to see. You could maybe see the difference doing a ceiling bounce, but otherwise I doubt you could see it.

BTW, yes, I know you said Q2. I have a P4, so I know the specs/output on it. Since you say the Q2 is also 135....