Romisen RC-V4: Any volunteers?

Seth

Newly Enlightened
Seems like the guys at romisen want to continue the success of the RC-G2: Single cell ( this time CR123A and similar ) combined with a turbo-head of some sort:

RC-V4

Anyone of the usual suspects ( Bertrik, bessiebenny, StefanFS ) in the mood to check out this light before I take the plunge and order my first CR123-driven light after some years in AA- / AAA-land? :tinfoil:

Seth

BTW: Lookíng at this design... Scalloped bezel... Scalloped Tailcap... Unneccessary, but nice-looking machining here and there, hex-nut tailcap, tacti-cool knurling... Was there some guy from SF over there in shenzen and designed this light after getting totally drunk? :crackup:

garence

Newly Enlightened
Nice design -- they must've just released it as I went through the full Romisen list just a few days ago and didn't see this one.

bessiebenny

Enlightened
Yeah. I saw this one also today. Fact that they mention 1.3v as the minimum indicates that it may not be direct driven. Also, as this light has a huge head and if you look closely at the front lens, it seems it is outside the actual head? Like a round plastic that is glued at the front? Very interesting. Beam shot looks like it is made for decent throw. I like it! Man.. I've been spending my money left right and center on so many lights and they keep coming out with new ones that I want to buy! =P

Seth

Newly Enlightened
Oh great! As if my DX wish list wasn't ALREADY long enough! :twak:

Hehe... I feel your pain, brother :D

Still no update on DX regarding emitter-bin.

Ok, I could buy it anyhow & mod it with an up-to-date emitter & board ( same like with the RC-G2 if it turns out they are below up-to-date spec´s like on the RC-G2 ), but I prefer my lights un-modded...

I hope those guys at romisen hear our plea... Please... You do some mighty fine machining, but for god´s sake: Raise the price and include some good emitter´s and driver-boards :sigh:

No one else manufactures 1-cell lights with turbo-heads and a Fenix-like build-quality, please give us good emitters & boards, we ( CPF ) will pay Fenix-prices for 1-cell turboheads :paypal:

Seth

Last edited:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I didn't actually add the 4xCree light, but DID add the RC-V4 to my wish list.

The thing I could use most just now is a pair or two of 17670 Li-Ions (3301)!!!
Then Mini 3W Cree (4240)
Then RC-V4 (10454)
Then..... (I only have 9 other items on the list!)

garence

Newly Enlightened
The other thing I wish Romisen would do is standardize on about 2 drivers that could be utilized in a variety of form factors and power sources. One would be relatively simple--just two modes. The other would be a more extensive 8 mode. With memory. Couple that with their great machining and a readily accessible quality emitter and they'll dominate the market. I'd also like to see lights defined by specialty. EDC, economy thrower, super thrower, general task light, tactical, super tactical, etc.

Latest posts