Alternative to the Titan?

kodiak

Enlightened
Hi guys! I am way down the list to get the Surefire Titan and it seems to have stalled out. I am looking for a light with similar user interface.

I am specificly looking for a small light I can get less that one lumin, on and of again, without cycling through a brighter level. That is my delema. I would want really, really low and also pretty bright.

Price is not an option, I would love to here all your input. Thanks!

kodiak

Enlightened
Thank you for the link #'s. I will start researching that one right now! I wonder if anyone has tried to modify one of those yet, slim it down a little?

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any light with a FLUPic can be set to a really low low, and to come on in low.
The Drake is one that is currently available. It is also the smallest by far.

Low on the SPY005 can be set really low, and that is the first setting.
You might find one on B/S/T.

kodiak

Enlightened
Thank you for all the suggestions! I did a lot of reading and didn't find a switch I loved. The Gatlight came the closest but wasn't very pocket friendly. The Lumincraft EOS looked promising, but no release date.

Then, the Angels sang.........

Some one here offered to sell me a new TITAN! I am very exited!

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just an update... the eos will defenitely happen although we'll have to change the name.... we should have things figured out in a week or two... Once we do I'll update the links in my signature to point to the current threads....

kodiak

Enlightened
Thanks for the update mobile1. It's to bad you could not release it with the Titan. It would have been a great alternative.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Novatac 120P. It can be user programmed to turn on as low as .08 lumens. Merry Christmas:party:

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
Hi guys! I am way down the list to get the Surefire Titan and it seems to have stalled out. I am looking for a light with similar user interface.

I am specificly looking for a small light I can get less that one lumin, on and of again, without cycling through a brighter level. That is my delema. I would want really, really low and also pretty bright.

Price is not an option, I would love to here all your input. Thanks!

I really love my HDS Basic 60 (which now starts out at a very low setting after performing the 250 click easter egg). The NovaTac should be similar in operation if you get the programable and set it to come on at a low setting first.
If you prefer twisty operation, the soon to be released HDS Twisty seems like a great option as well (you can pre-order now).
If you are looking for a super dim low, either one of the HDS Clicky (rumored to be returning) or the NovaTac (be sure to get the programable in either) would be great choices and you could get both for less $ than a single Titan!!

faco

Enlightened
I know what you mean about the TITAN, I'm on the list and it's been nearly 1 year. After reading about the few issues with some of the first lot I'm not excited about it anymore.
The eos sounds good, hope its as good as the other lights they make.
If Don decides to make a AAA light he will have my order as well, I'm off to read a thread he just posted.