Bulb Socket Type for flashlight question.

ake

Newly Enlightened
Could some one shed the light on this?

I am looking to buy a replacement/upgrade bi-pin bulbs for the following flashlights. I am a bit confused about the socket type of the bulb they officailly call. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me the correct (and a compatible) socket type for this?

1. Brinkmann Legend
2. MiniMag (AA)
3. MiniMag Solitare (1AAA)
4. DB 6AA (T 2 1/2?)
5. DB 8AA (T2 1/5 as well?)

Thanks a lot for your help,

Ake

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
# 2 and 3 minimag and solitaire use T-1 wire terminal bulbs.

#4 and # 5 The DB6AA and DB 8AA use a T-2 1/4 bulb with a "tip-off" configuration (i/e a clear bulb material tail between the wires. These flashlights will accept Carley T-2 1/2 bulbs as well, but they won't be as firmly mounted.

I don't have a legend so I won't guess.

ake

Newly Enlightened
thanks a lot lemlux, One quick question though. Do you think if I could fit Carlety T 1.5 bulb into a MiniMag (T1)? T 1.5 is bigger but the legs distance seem to be close to T1.

Also I forgot to ask what is a socket type for a surge?

Many thanks,

Ake

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
ake:

I would really try to stay with the same form factor with the Minimag. The T-1/2 bulb has 150% the diameter and filament width of the T-1 bulb and I have no idea how the filament height aligns.

Have you looked at the W/A Acrobat page showing their wire terminal halogen lights? As I've posted before, that's where I intend to go for high output Minimag bulbs. The 2.3 V 1.1 A 28 L bulb with NiMH's should be nice, and they have some lower amperage bulbs between 2.5V and 2.8 V that should run nicely with Lithiums.

ake

Newly Enlightened
lemlux, I did look at W/A site. They have so many nice bulbs. The only thing that is bugging me is their $100 min order otherwise I would have odered from them long time ago.

Do you have any sugestion for a bulb for a Surge with NiMh batteies?

Thanks gain,

Ake

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
ake:

The only other lamp that I think has a T-1 3/4 configuration is a 5 mm Minhia LED. I don't think you want to go that route. I've posted inquiries on this also with no response.

BTW, I plan on ordering from W/A this week or next. If you figure out which bulbs you want (and arrange to organize bulbs for others) I'll buy them and forward them to you. I'll be buying for you, Klaus, Bushman, and Mr. Bulk if he wishes.

ake

Newly Enlightened
lemlux, here is what I need:

1.MiniMag:#01121 2.4 V 1.10 A
2.DB 8AA: #01319 4.8 V 1.92 A 9.22 W 204 L
#01307 4.8 V 1.10 A 5.28 W 104 L

Ake: 01121 (6)
01319 (4)
01307 (2)

I also set a 24 hrs period for the order on WA group order post. Please let me know how I can pay for it. I don't have paypal, but will be happy to send you a money order right away if you could let me know the total cost.

Will PM you as well so you have the record.

Thanks a lot,

Ake