Funny thing happened tonight...

kramer5150

Flashaholic
My son was really good in school today so as a reward I took him out with my coleman spotlight and a 12V gell-cell battery so we could have a little father/son fun.:twothumbs

We got out of our car and headed towards a PITCH black park with gentile sloping hill and some large oak trees. The trees were about ~150 maybe yards away. We Lit em' up. We had a blast... looking for rabbits, bats, owls..etc..

15 minutes into it... we lit (and I mean LIT) up a young couple making out under the trees on a cement picnic table:eek:oo::eek:oo::eek::eek::wow:. They were very startled, and partially blinded as they raised their arms to block the light. LOL!!

I KILLED the light... and we went to a different park to continue our fun, and let them continue theirs.

I got bombarded with his "Daddy Why... but why... but why?" questions the whole way home. LOL...

Poor couple, lucky for them they were fully clothed:D:D

Last edited:

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
HAHAHA that's a great story. Van Halen fan huh?

I was on a film set a few years back, at an apartment complex. Some light rain came in, and they had to protect some of the lights that were getting wet. I watched as they started to lower a 3k (3000 watt) light that was on a stand shining through the second story windows we were filming. The wet stand that the light was on slipped in the gaffer's hands and spun to the right, hitting an apartment window 100 feet away. The blinds were half open, and needless to say I've never seen a couple jump down from a bed as fast as they did :sssh:.

BVH

Flashaholic
Not totally related to this thread topic but close, when I'm running my carbon arc on a job, all night long, i see bats (and sometimes, birds) flying in and out of the beam to catch their snacks.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I can imagine the arc light beam attracts moths and flying insects just as well as any big beam. Talk about bug buffet for the bats!