No MRV SE Q5 digital for Christmas...UPS lost it!

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure this is the right spot, but I had to vent. Ordered a new MRV SE Q5 Digital from Batteryjunction on Wed. Had it sent out 2nd day air UPS. I followed the tracking...it just stopped Thursday morning at 4AM....en route from New Jersey to New Mexico. No arrival scan in New Mexico. No Arival scan at my town. No out for delivery.

I hoped that maybe they just did not scan it, but it would show up. Nope! At 7pm, I called UPS. Spoke to a nice lady that said I would receive a call within a hour telling me where the light is. No one called.

I understand if they are just late. Its Christmas after all. I know they are delivering a few more packages than normal. But I always have known where a light is. The tracking just says that it will be delivered on another day. I still know what city it is in. Now, there is no estimated delivery date. Just that the light is "In Transit" Who knows where.

Oh well.... I am sure I will get it ???? eventually.... maybe. At least I have a bright T1 to play with in the mean time.

What makes me even more mad is that I sent back another light to Batteryjunction 2nd day air, so it would get there in time for me to have this one (using my credit from the first light) before Christmas. Thats $38 in shipping charges wasted.

Oh well. Merry Christmas anyway. This is the time we celebrate a bigger light coming into our lives than any flashlight. Have a great Christmas everyone!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea loosing a run of the mill ground shipping would be almost understandable at this time of the year. But an expensive shipping option like that would tick me off too.
Maybe they left the window open in the plane and it fell out. :whistle:

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
Santa was caught in a very bad snow storm in the central US area. He needed a light badly to guide the reindeer's way, so he borrowed your MRV. So you see mate, your MRV is in for a good cause, and more or less by the 25th you'll have it, just don't forget to check for the blinding light inside your chimney!

Cheer up and have great Christmas!

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
They Found It! It arrived in NM at 10AM this morning. Must have been in the air two days.... I was expecting it to apear on an episode of Lost.

It should get here tomorrow.... hopefully before my store closes at 3pm.

Don Clark at Batteryjunction was nice enough to email me on Saturday (during thier Christmas break) that he had called UPS and they were looking for it. Hats off to him.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent earlier, but it looks like my light is not lost forever!:party:

Numbers

Enlightened
Good that you received your package.

Exact same thing happened to me, tracking site was in limbo, but UPS found my package and delivered it one day later than originally estimated.

As an aside, I had 2 separate packages delivered by FedEx and they both arrived one day earlier than scheduled.

This was all ground freight and I did not pay it so I dont know if Fedex costs more or not. Scheduled times were the same in all three cases from west coast to east coast.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good that you received your package.

Exact same thing happened to me, tracking site was in limbo, but UPS found my package and delivered it one day later than originally estimated.

As an aside, I had 2 separate packages delivered by FedEx and they both arrived one day earlier than scheduled.

This was all ground freight and I did not pay it so I dont know if Fedex costs more or not. Scheduled times were the same in all three cases from west coast to east coast.

Have not received it yet...but at least hoping now!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that's better news at least. Let's hope it arrives home safely today.