Should I buy a Pentagonlight and put in a Q5?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I am thinking of buying an X1 and sticking in a WE Q5 drop in and running a 3.7v recharge. I would try it in a 3P if I had one. Are there any sources for 1 cell bodies for my 6P, that would be the best solution for me. Will the X1 tube be wide enough for an AW cell, and will the head accept the drop in well? I am guessing the runtime to be pretty short though, give me some opinions. I need to use more single cell lights I think.

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if a WE dropin will fit a pentagon light. Do they? If so then I might get one as well.
No idea on the ability to fit RCR123's.
I also don't know if an easily compatible 1XCR123 solution for P/C/Z series lights. It's dominated by E series for single cell applications IMO.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I seem to of stumbled upon a lack of product to fulfill my desires. Anyone got any advice on the X1 working out for me?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I seem to of stumbled upon a lack of product to fulfill my desires. Anyone got any advice on the X1 working out for me?

PentagonLights are not the best.... if you plan to mod them. I have an X3 model that I really like, but there is zero After Market support for PentagonLights. And, all I was looking for was a brighter lamp for my X3. If I owned a SF M3, I'd have a variety of after market choices.

Your X1?.... You could PM McGizmo and see if he'd be willing to mod it for you.

Flymo

Newly Enlightened
PentagonLights are not the best.... if you plan to mod them. I have an X3 model that I really like, but there is zero After Market support for PentagonLights. And, all I was looking for was a brighter lamp for my X3. If I owned a SF M3, I'd have a variety of after market choices.

Your X1?.... You could PM McGizmo and see if he'd be willing to mod it for you.

Zero aftermarket support and they are not the best ?? and you really like the X3, Huh ???
My experiences is that there service is GREAT and they make very nice flashlights. :wave:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Zero aftermarket support and they are not the best ?? and you really like the X3, Huh ???
My experiences is that their service is GREAT and they make very nice flashlights. :wave:

I agree with you! But take a look at my above post again. I said that PentagonLights are not the best for modding. Also, as you pointed out, PL gives excellent service. But there's still no Aftermarket or Third-party support.

But yeah.... I really do like my X3. :)

Flymo

Newly Enlightened
Ok, Monocrom I agree, They are not easy for modding.
I whait for my SSC P4 U bin led from DX and try them in my PL L2 which was potted, but with a little heat it came loose and now I can solder the Luxeon III led out for replacement, which can be done without replacing the PCB.

If I'm done with it I place a message on CPF with the results.:)