• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired F/S: Icarus Built BIG GUN-2.5D Quad Cree!! **SOLD**

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Sale:

IcarusSideSmall.jpg

IcarusQuarterSmall.jpg

IcarusfrontSmall.jpg

IcarusTailSmall.jpg

IcarusBattsSmall.jpg

This is a custom built light created by Icarus for my exact specifications. The details are:

- Tri-Bored FM 2.5D with finned head
- Pewter Mag 3D Host (Cut down for mod)
- Ultra Clear Glass Lens 2mm
- 4x McR20 Reflectors
- 4x Cree Q2 (?) Emitters
- Copper PES2-D heatsink
- High Voltage nFlex set at 1A
- Five levels
- Runs on 6x17670 cells in two FM 3x17670 holders
- Battery holders are included
- KIU SS Bezel
- 6xAW 17670 LiON cells.... Like new (3 cycles max)
- Adorned with USCG SOLAS Tape!

This light is an LED flamethrower. It is the second most powerful LED light I have ever owned. Its truely remarkable. Icarus Built. Perfect condition.

NOW ONLY $350, Shipped Worldwide. Full Light w/Batts and KIU Bezel.

Trade (partial trade/cash) offers welcome!

***KIU BEZEL AND BATTS INCLUDED, will not be parted out unless light is sold without those items.

ADDED INFO 12/29/07:
Current Draws and Lumen Output*:

Level 1 - .3A = 75mA/emitter = ~100 lumens
Level 2 - .9A = 225mA/emitter = ~300 lumens
Level 3 - 1.7A = 425mA/emitter = ~450 lumens
Level 4 - 3A = 750mA/emitter = ~700 lumens
Level 5 (Burst) - 6.5A = 1625mA/emitter = 1000+ lumens

* According to Cree's specification page located here (page 8):
http://www.cree.com/products/pdf/XLamp7090XR-E.pdf

***SOLD TO GGAARRYY***

Conditions:
1) First person to post "I'll take it" here in this thread takes priority.

2) Payment must be made via Paypal only. If you simply cannot pay by Paypal, please contact my privately and I can try to work something out on a case-by-case basis.

3) Pricing listed above includes shipping as indicated and I will accept CC payments. However, all Buyers must add 3% to the priced indicated to cover PayPal fees.

4) Shipping: For all items priced under $50 dollars the cost includes First Class shipping with DC. All items priced over $50 dollars the cost will include Priority Mail shipping with DC. In either case, the price does not include insurance or other mailing services. If you would like changes to your shipping (upgrades, insurance, signature confirmation, etc.) please PM me to work out any additional costs. I will not be held responsible for lost or stolen items.

5) The Buyer is hereby asked to remit to my PM subsequent any post of "I'll take it" within 24 hours. Several recent incidents have put me in a difficult and unwanted postion of being between an unresponsive buyer and the next individual in line. So I am asking you now, that if you cannot respond within 24 hours, please indicate in the thread publically or PM me of your intentions. Communication is king! If I do not hear from you, I will simply relist the item as "still available". No hard feelings.

Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for looking,
MSax

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Icarus Built BIG GUN - 2.5D Quad Cree!!!! ***New Pricing Options Available

Merry Christmas Everyone!

New Big Gun Pricing options available.

MSax

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Icarus Built BIG GUN - 2.5D Quad Cree!!!! ***Price Drop!***

Man, I have a Freddy built TL with Lux V's built much like this, and it kicks some serious light out. :thumbsup: I'm sure this one would spank mine, and that's scary. :eek: Awesome light for the price, MSax.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Icarus Built BIG GUN - 2.5D Quad Cree!!!! ***Price Drop!***

EM,

Thanks for the kind words. I had the same type of light from Freddy, except it was a quad-Lux V. This light is hands down brighter and much whiter than that light.

The Crees seem to be very good at maintaining their color at various power levels.

The McRs make provides excellent throw to boot.

MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Icarus Built BIG GUN - 2.5D Quad Cree!!!! ***Free Shipping ANYWHERE!***

International shipping now included in the sales price.

Will ship ANYWHERE for free.

MSax

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Icarus Built BIG GUN - 2.5D Quad Cree!!!! ***Free Shipping ANYWHERE!***

What drive levels are the 5 levels? Are they user-settable?

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

What drive levels are the 5 levels? Are they user-settable?

I suppose they are settable if you know how to program a N-Flex board. As for user-configurable by hitting the button... no they are preset.

I tried to do some bench testing, but my multi-meter is acting a bit weird. I will try to post some results on the different drive levels later.

Max output is set at 1A. That makes Crees BRIGHT.:naughty:

Hope this helps,
MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Icarus Built BIG GUN - 2.5D Quad Cree!! *Free Shipping/Current Draws Posted

Here's some bench test results:

Level 1 - .3A = 75mA/emitter
Level 2 - .9A = 225mA/emitter
Level 3 - 1.7A = 425mA/emitter
Level 4 - 3A = 750mA/emitter
Level 5 (Burst) - 6.5A = 1625mA/emitter

Hope this helps,
MSax

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Icarus Built BIG GUN - 2.5D Quad Cree!! *Free Shipping/Current Draws Posted

Cool...thanks! =)

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Icarus Built BIG GUN-2.5D Quad Cree!! **Free Ship./$ Reduced/Lm. Rating Add

Price Drop and approximate lumen ratings added.

MSax

stansbrew

Newly Enlightened
Re: F/S: Icarus Built BIG GUN-2.5D Quad Cree!! **Free Ship./$ Reduced/Lm. Rating Add

Part trade?? I will send you a pm. Also do you have a charger to go with?

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

stansbrew,

Partial trade offers welcome. PM replied.

As for a charger.... not included. But the AW 17670s can be charged with a Triton, or one of the many chargers available in the CPF Marketplace. If you need assistance with a decent charger, let me know, I can recommend a few.

MSax

ggaarryy

Newly Enlightened

Msax

I will take it as per our PM trade discussions.

PM sent to confirm details.

Cheers

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can't believe this beauty didn't sell sooner... :shakehead it's a real bargain at this price. :whistle:
Congrats to the new owner! :thumbsup: You will not be disappointed! :)

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sold go Ggaarry! PM replied.

Icarus... you weren't suppose to see this being sold. I thought you were on Holiday and would be back in time. I hope I didn't ban myself from future builds with you?!?! :oops::nana:

This is a fantastic light!!

MSax

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice Score!! I don't know how many more times I could have passed

ggaarryy

Newly Enlightened
Arrived today and looks superb, I think it came by sailing ship rather than plane the time its taken. Anyway , looking forward to trying it out later.

Thanks Max

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy cow Gary!!! That is just ridiculous shipping times. I wonder if it wasn't hung up in customs or something. I'm going to have to rethink my shipments to Europe for now on. That's just unacceptable to me.

MSax