My solution to the A2 - easy EDC...

bhusick

Newly Enlightened
Instead of trying to carry an A2, I decided to create a holster-based EDC of LED and incandecent lighting. In this holster from "Ripoffs", a company that caters to the film industry (model CO-73, price $9.89) I have a G2Z with P61 lamp and an ARC LSH. The LSH is in the velcro flap section. The holster has a great metal clip. You can buy it from FilmTools.com. As you can see from the picture (I hope) is that the entire kit is less than 6 inches long.

The ARC is MUCH brighter than the A2's LEDs and the G2Z throws a perfect beam. IMHO, a much better solution. Comments welcome. Enjoy!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290524537

D

**DONOTDELETE**

This sounds to me like a solution to the quandry that if you lose one light, if one is malfunctioning, or if you had to loan one in an exigent circumstance, you would still have another to use./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Why didn't I think of that?! Looks like I'll need to completely change my flashlight EDC and usage philosophy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

bhusick

Newly Enlightened
Kogatana,
Yes. It does have those advantages too. Also, the head of the G2Z sticks up only about 1 inch above the belt when worn, so the package sits neatly. The loop is a little snug, so I removed the rubber rings from the body of the G2Z to make the process a little easier. A little twist and the G2Z comes out fine. It's snug enough that I never worry about losing the G2Z. I put a little thin lanyard on the ARC to make it super easy to remove from the pocket.

-Brad