Needin a new light

tookie

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,
So I'm in need a new light, and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for me. If I should just cruise the forums and lurk for a bit just lemme know, but I figured I'd try this out.

So I'm basically looking for a light that can use the Wolf Eyes LRB-AA 14500 rechargable battery. I had a JetBeam that I liked using that battery in, and was looking for something comparable but a bit more new and powerful.

Strobe would again be a bonus, I liked that feature on the JetBeam, hahaha, just in case I had to scare away things that were scared of blinking lights :naughty:.

But yeah, was just wondering what you guys would reccomend, budget is not too large, probably $150 at the very most. A good EDC light.

Thanks,
Alan

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
:welcome: Welcome to CPF tookie!! I'm not into rechargeable AA's and Strobe function so I might not be much help to you. You might try http://fenix-store.com. If your not hooked on the idea of an AA light you might try a new Surefire L1! Just a thought....:)

tookie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome!

I got three of the Wolf Eyes batteries, I usually have two of the JetBeams on or near me so I would always have some fully charged battery. So I figured I would try to upgrade one of them to something better. I guess I'm looking for a new Christmas present/toy for me haha. :twothumbs

Is it the strobe feature, battery use, or price that is limiting my options? I guess I don't need the strobe feature, just a neat little gimmick haha. I haven't read too much of the forums yet, it's a lot to take it, but are there any custom lights that would fit the profile?

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF,

There is the Liteflux range of lights currently selling by cpfer Ledcool. Look him up at the dealer section of the Marketplace. If I remember correctly LF2 and LF5 uses 14500 rechargeables as well as normal AA's

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you need the light right now there are the Fenix lights mentioned above.
Jetbeam has it's MkIIR available right now, however many like myself were not happy with its UI.
If you can wait a bit there are two options below that will take 14500 AA's.
There are pictures around and some basic information about Jetbeam's newest AA light the Jet III. No release dates on that yet but I"d assume it'll be soon after the new year.
Finally the "new kid on the block" is the Nightcore Defender Infinity. We are just starting to get ours, and dealers should have them available soon.

Latest posts