• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold: Mag138, Blue, MOSFET switch, *Price Drop*

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sold: ***Price Drop***
Mag138
Blue 2D tri-bored Mag.
Osram 62138 bulb
2x 13.2V 1400mAh packs (only one is shown, but 2 are included in the purchase)
HOP/LS reflector (I can't really tell the difference)
borofloat lens
KIU socket on a MOSFET modded Mag switch. This new addition uses the ultra-low resistance IRF1324 (0.8 mOhm)

There is a small scratch on the head. You can make it out in the picture.

img2441ki8.jpg

. Includes shipping in CONUS. International shipping to be arranged per buyers choice.

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Mag138, Blue/Silver, w/2 packs

Man, Jimmy you are selling everything but the kitchen sink. Some nice light packages for the price, too. Good Luck!

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man, Jimmy you are selling everything but the kitchen sink. Some nice light packages for the price, too. Good Luck!
It may seem that way. But you'll notice that I'm NOT selling any power supplies, oscilloscopes, solderinig equipment, PCB making equipment. Hmmmm, there may be a method to my madness. :devil:

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

It may seem that way. But you'll notice that I'm NOT selling any power supplies, oscilloscopes, solderinig equipment, PCB making equipment. Hmmmm, there may be a method to my madness. :devil:

Saving up for a CNC machine?? *hopes* :)

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Saving up for a CNC machine?? *hopes* :)
Oh, God. Wouldn't that be sweet!!! But not yet. I've gotta earn my chops building a PWM regulator. I've got a design, but it's only good up to 20V. I'm still hoping for the "holy grail" of versatility. Something good up to 40+V.
I'll perfect the 20V design first, then work on scaling up the "power side" to withstand more voltage. I've got some parts on order, and will be ordering a better power supply in a few days.

Empyfree

Enlightened
Re: FS: Mag138, Blue, w/2 packs

The 62138 is the same bulb as the USL correct? So this is a shorty fire-starter? Very tempting!

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Mag138, Blue, w/2 packs

The 62138 is the same bulb as the USL correct? So this is a shorty fire-starter? Very tempting!

It is the same bulb. But, I've never started a fire with it. Just haven't tried. The size of the 138's filament makes for a great hot spot. Pretty good throw. If the USL will start a fire with the 62138, I don't see why this one wouldn't.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Mag138, Blue, MOSFET switch, w/2 packs

OK. I've added a little to this Mod. I've modified the switch to use the ultra low resistance IRF1324 MOSFET. I tested the mod using 14.4V and an Osram 64623 bulb. The MOSFET doesn't even get warm. This results in greater brightness and a switch that's more durable than a standard modded switch.

A couple of CPFers had asked about shipping to Canada and Australia.
Shipping to Australia is about $30USD. Shipping to Canada is about $15-18USD. To ship this light to those destinations will cost an additional $20 to Australia and $8 to Canada.

So guys. what do ya think?

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

nice so it's a Mag138/623 now then. :)

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast

nice so it's a Mag138/623 now then. :)
No no. I just tested the MOSFET mod using the 623 bulb. This light is just a Mag138. The 623 isn't all that good on only 13.2 V. You can put one in there, and have a wall of yellowish light if you want. But on 13.2V-14.4V the 62138 is quite nice.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Mag138, Blue, MOSFET switch, *Price Drop*

Excellent. I have it all packed up already. It'll go out later today or tomorrow morning.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
The OP has removed the sold price from the first post.

Can someone tell me what this package sold for?