Geocaching

MrMom

Enlightened
I was just wondering how many CPFers are also Geocachers. My screen name is the same on both sites. (MrMom) I love night time caches and LED's show the way. BTW a NYS Geocaching organization shuould be incorporated as soon as I finish the paperwork. Geocaching gives us a reason to power down the CPU's and try out our new lights. CACHE ON!
MrMom

MrMom

Enlightened
Aaaahhhh rottenchester. Before there were caches in Western NY I toured many caches in your area. Heron Bay was my favorite. It was done, of course, at night, with an LED. Do you know about navicache.com? It is Rochester based.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
Navicache how I learned about Geocaching and how big it really is. I'm off to bed, gotta be fresh for the 4- 4 to 3.5 star rated sites i want to visit tomorow.

birdog

Newly Enlightened
I'm known as wing-nut in geocaching circles. Its funny how one interest feeds another. I liked the adventure of geocaching but needed something to look in dark hidey places. Now that I've got some real lightpower I look for more dark hidey places.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never cached in the dark, but think I might give it a try.
Some of them are so hard to find, even in the light of day.
Tis fun, something my daughter & I like doing.
Been a while since I've been out though.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
The biggest problem I've found is finding geocaches that are safe to do and possible to find and park at the trailhead, starting area etc, in the dark.

Night geocaching will be great once geocachers get better at specifically stating whether there is much higher hazard or risk in doing a night geocache.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
There are many, many urban caches that are quite doable in the dark. There's a few hundred in San Jose alone.

I find this time of year it's too cold to do a lot of geocaching. Especially in cold, wet leaves.

Daniel

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am an avid cacher. Done my fair share of caching in the dark as well. It can be fun, but also really irritating. And then there are some that you have to do at night as they are night caches...those are usually the best.

LEDobsession

Enlightened
Wow! I haven't cached in about 5-6 years! I remember having a blast and I think I really should get back into it. If only I could remember my username and password.....

I may have been atvrider_440 or something to that effect. :thinking: