Surefire about $100

a4d

Enlightened
Hey guys my dad told me he's getting me a $100 gift card for bass pro shops. I was looking at a surefire for about $100. What do you reccomend, I do prefer throw over spill. I will spend a little more if i must but trying to keep it aroun $100 cause i'll have to buy batteries also. Thanks.

a4d

Enlightened
Mainly for having fun with it in the woods. When i go out for walks or w/e i'm doing out there.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
A G3 with a bunch of spare cells and perhaps a high output lamp will provide plenty of outdoor jollys and should be within your budget. If it comes down to it, you still have several LED and rechargeable options.

scottaw

Enlightened
Spend a little extra for the cree L1, made for throw, fantastic light that's small enough to edc so you'll get a lot of use out of it.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
A G3 with a bunch of spare cells and perhaps a high output lamp will provide plenty of outdoor jollys and should be within your budget. If it comes down to it, you still have several LED and rechargeable options.

That sounds like the most sensible option.

a4d

Enlightened
I was looking at the G3. Is it worth it more to get the G3 over the G2. I would like to get the high output lamp to use that when i needed the brightness and switch back to stock if a little more runtime was needed. I know the stock isn't much longer runtime but every bit helps.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The G3 isn't too much larger, and 9v is really where the fun starts for SureFire's incandescents. The P90 and P91 are fantastic lamps for outdoor use. Excellent mix of flood and throw.

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
For out in the woods type walks, you'll really appreciate the extra, brighter spill of the G3 versus the G2. And thats not even with the P91 HOLA, as I only have the P90 and test it against the P60. I'm a little hesitant to run a fiery lamp like the [tick-charring :poof:] P91 in a polymer light. I suppose for short bursts of a minute or two it would be fine.

My advice -- get the G2 ($59) w/ an extra P91 ($25) and some batteries. You won't be sorry.

a4d

Enlightened
For out in the woods type walks, you'll really appreciate the extra, brighter spill of the G3 versus the G2. And thats not even with the P91 HOLA, as I only have the P90 and test it against the P60. I'm a little hesitant to run a fiery lamp like the [tick-charring :poof:] P91 in a polymer light. I suppose for short bursts of a minute or two it would be fine.

My advice -- get the G2 ($59) w/ an extra P91 ($25) and some batteries. You won't be sorry.
I guess thats my best bet G3 with P91 with a bunch of batteries. It wont be getting used all so much while in school only when i'm home. so i won't have to go to crazy with batteries as of yet.

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
good luck with your purchase.

I would recommend batteryjunction.com
Most of my orders have shipped the day I place them and arrive 2-3 days later. Now thats speed ! ! !

a4d

Enlightened
good luck with your purchase.

I would recommend batteryjunction.com
Most of my orders have shipped the day I place them and arrive 2-3 days later. Now thats speed ! ! !
Well i'm gonna have to get the light from bass pro shops i'm getting a $100 gift card for there. I will have money left over i was thinking maybe of even getting the G2 with it. What do you think of browning's lights?

I ill have to get batteries else where because bass pro shop wants $5.99 for 2 batteries. Where do you reccomend i get batteries.

bigfoot

Enlightened
The 6PL -- at $85 it is within your $100 budget and includes the LED module. That would give you $15 to spend towards an incandescent lamp assembly of your choice or any other goodies at Bass Pro.

The new Surefire E1L (Cree version) lists at $99. That is still within your $100 budget by a dollar.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote's for the G2L Led, 6PL or the new Cree L1 - the L1's a favorite of many that has been recently updated with a brighter LED by Cree. And with the two levels of output it's a sweet SF light. Lots more runtime on a set of batteries too with the LED versions and of course no bulbs to go :poof:

Last edited:

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
browning lights arent that great, they are sort of old tech and not very well designed at that.

if you can, get the surefire e2l cree. 9 hours of perfect regulated runtime, so youll save on batteries and stuff the only thing is its 125 bucks. but its well worth it.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I will have to get batteries else where because bass pro shop wants $5.99 for 2 batteries. Where do you reccomend i get batteries.

Buy direct from Surefire.com

Case of 12 is an excellent bargain. Surefire cells have never let me down.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I predict that if you take both a thrower and a flood light out into the woods you'll end up leaving the thrower behind after a few evening hikes.(Or at least leave the thrower in your pocket)

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll second the L1 Cree for a bit more money. Firstly its made for throw and its a single cell design with a 2 stage. Its small and can be edc'ed easily. Furthermore with the 2 stage in place you can actually maximise the usage of the cells and use both low and high as when needed for every situation.
I had used an L1 of the Lux version but I am upgrading to the L1 cree version for the better pattern and brighter output.