Courthouse experience

hburner

Enlightened
I am very sad to say that my oldest sister (48) passed away last Thursday. It was unexpected and quick. She was not sick nor did she have any heart problems but the report came back that she died of a heart attack.

Very hard to beleive because she owned her own gym, worked out alot and was full of life. I will miss her dearly.

Anyway, she has left me as the exutor and trustee of her estate and I have been overwelmed at the things that I have had to do so far which brings me to my story.

Before I could get in at the courthouse and file her will I had to go thru one of those metal detector things. The officer had me to empty my pockets and not realizing it I had brought in my 61/2 lockblade, he didnt like that and he put it up for me. I started thru the detector thing and he says hey what is that on your side. I had placed my P2D in its holster and forgotten about it also. So I tried to go thru and and the thing beeped, so I had to step back and he said what is that in your side pocket (painters jeans) and danged if I had'nt brought my L2D and put it in that pocket, the lady at the controls laughed and said, you will never be caught in the dark will you............just smiled and said " you have no idea" As with all of us Flasholics we understand,

Merry Christmas to all,

hburner.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Hburner, I am sorry for your loss. It's good that you're able to find moments of humor like this as you go through the process of handling her affairs.

z96Cobra

Enlightened
First, sorry about your loss. I know it has to be hard on you and your family. I experienced almost the same thing 11 years ago with my little sister (she was 15). Called to a car accident (I'm on Fire/EMS) and when I got there I found out she was a passenger and she didn't make it. It was just before Christmas. I had to tell my mom & dad, I'll never wish that job on anyone.

just smiled and said " you have no idea"

I've said the exact same thing to people before! lol

Roger

hburner

Enlightened
Cobra, yea that is right. My other sister waited for to get to her house and we went together to tell my mom about my sis. My mom scared me, hyper ventalating and stuff, we just all hugged each other for a while and held on.

The sister that died was always very good to me. I have even ordered her some stuff, she owned 10 of the little photon keychain lights and a Fenix L1D. She had a 4D mag and I tried to get here to trade that thing in for smaller Surfire type light but she said she liked the impact effect it would have if she ever needed it........she was a tough one.

hburner

Enlightened
That is just the problem, my sister had lots of money from her divorce. I am LOTS of money. In the 7 digit range.

Her oldest son (22) has had and is still having drug problems. That just kills my mom, as these to boys of my sisters are her only grandkids.

The 22 year old has already called me 3 times wanting to know about his money and he wants his moms laptop computer. Come to find out he had not talked to his mom (my sis) in over 6 months. He had gotten mad at his mom for trying to have him commited in a rehab clinic.

It looks like it is going to drive that side of the family totally apart and like I said, it is just killing my mom. I am trying to keep everything cool but it is very hard on me from all aspects.

Thanks for all the support guys, I feel a little better after making these posts to you guys, hburner.

DM51

Flashaholic
hburner, I'm very sorry to hear about your sad loss.

Being an executor can be pretty hard. I've had to do it twice now, and I would say it is essential to make it clear from the start that you and your co-executor(s) are in charge, and that you are going to to be tough about it, and not take any nonsense or squabbling from anyone. No-one gets anything until you say they get it.

Some family members may not like it, but they'll respect it, and eventually they will realise it was the best way to handle it.

If you are a sole executor, I suggest you appoint a lawyer as a co-executor. Maybe your sister's lawyer, but at any rate, one you can trust to be fair and impartial, and who can help you. I really don't advise you to try to do it all yourself.

hburner

Enlightened
Thanks DM51 that is all good advise. Just today I was getting hounded by some relatives about what the fee is for me being her excutor and I told them as far as I know there is no fee in the will and so far I have had to pay out of my pocket for stuff.

Greedy people in this world:shakehead Damnn shame when it is your supposed to be family, you find out who really is family and who will really stab you in the back.