*Announcing - TnC N-Cell - Micro-Flex Series *

Finbar

Newly Enlightened
Edit the sales thread is now open: ***TnC Micro-Flex N Cell Sales Thread***

I recently received a Keylux N-cell. The is a high quality light. The construction of the tube is thick enough to endure heavy field use abuse.

I also have the AAA battery tube. I think others will enjoy different battery options that the two tubes offer.

I have waited forever, it seems, for production on these light to restart.

There are enough new members, that have joined since the last run, to warrant another run.

I am impressed with the quality of this light to wish that others could enjoy them as well.

I would like to also see maybe a 2xN battery tube and maybe a 2xAAA battery tube in addition to the N and AAA tubes.

A clickie version would be welcomed too.

Maybe some different choices of coatings. The TiN like the Draco is very scratch resistant and durable.

And a location for H3 inserts.

("And don't forget tha color tv." - Jaws)

Here is a photo for reference to some other lights:

Clockwise: George Herron Bergen Bird Hunter, Arc LSL-ST, KI-B, Arc AAA DS, TnC Keylux N-Cell, Draco AAA Chrome, KI LE, Draco TiN.

2132538901_78c8b36748.jpg

Fin

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Who Else Would Like To See TnC Keylux N-Cell Produced Again?

Fin........................:thumbsup:

83756169-M.jpg

TnC "N"'s are amazing "little" lights..........I actually have a "backup", bare SOOO have (4). I can't remember if Chris anodized any Red or Blue, but I sure would like to know and also acquire!! I have an "AAA" black tube, too!!

jeffb

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a TnC Keylux AA 350. I love this little light. I'd imagine an N cell would be great! After seeing the picts here on this thread, I would possibly be interested.

Finbar

Newly Enlightened

Beck Boot Knife & TnC Keylux N-Cell

2144661111_b829388e4c.jpg

I think that with a TiN coating & H3 this would be a stunning light.

Fin

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Finbar,

I'm pleased you are happy with your light!

We do have plans for more N cell lights. These will be coined the Micro-Flex Series. Cross compatibility is yet to be determined with the Key-Lux N cell.

The problem is exposure and market share. I had never seen the Draco next to the TnC N Cell before. They sure look similar to me and the N cell came out much earlier. Chris pioneered the rechargeable N cell with the Key-Lux. It's true there was demand for the Key-Lux N cell that went unfulfilled for a long time, which in turn left this market available to another builder. Still the Key-Lux N cell was truly unique with the reflector machined as part of the head (as with all Key-Luxs including the AA). As with machining the first custom lights on CPF, I believe Chris also pioneered custom reflectors.

At this time we might make half the N cells with a flupic. I was using flupics in the N cells with Icarus before anything about a Draco was posted so I'm comfortable going that route. Icarus went on to build more of these flupic N cell pills for other N cell owners. The other half might be single stage NiMh lights. We do have plans firmed up beyond that but I don't feel comfortable posting them yet.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, you just might see an N-Cell size light sooner than you thought. I will let Bogus1 decide when to announce the New N-cell size light. :D

Chris

white light

Enlightened

Well I'll tell ya,I'm in for 2 of every version of the Keylux N-Cell Light.And that is a promise.2xAAA,2xN,1xAAA,1xN,flupic,single stage NiMh,2 of each PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

We are going to be building a new Titanium TnC N cell light in a very limited run. The Key-Lux N cell was a pioneer for N cell lights and ran on primary or NiMh cells. This light will be a departure from the original Key-Lux N cell in a number of ways. There will be two versions at first, with perhaps more to come. One version will use the new K2 emitters with a McR-10 reflector, the other will use the Cree. If there is demand we may do an aluminum run as well. These lights will be bare Titanium.

As can be seen from the renderings below, the exterior of the light will be more organic in form. The light will be a head twisty with a canister threaded into the head. The canister can be changed and easily upgraded as can all TnC canisters. The canisters will hold either a Cree LED or a K2 LED. A simplified flupic programed board will run on Li-ion cells. We hope in the future to offer a single stage version that will run on primary and NiMh cells as well. We expect the drive level on high to run between 450mA and 600mA on high/burst with the current Li-ion run in process.

The K2 heads will sport a McR-10 reflector. The Crees will have flood heads and will not have a reflector. I believe the Cree version will be the shortest N cell light built to date. It seems a small light is the most advantageous use of Crees for flood. The beam will be exactly the same as with much larger Cree heads (without reflectors). Chris' unique design means the light will not be as narrow as possible. However I believe this compromise may well be worth it for the attractive contour. Chris has also designed heat sinking in the canister. The new K2 and Cree should be good candidates for enduring the heat of a small Ti light driven hard. This heat sinking seems a worth while addition to the size (length) of the light as well.

There will no longer be a tail cap and the canister will be threaded so the batteries are inserted into the top of the tube. The OD is .615" and the Length is 1.923". Not shown in the rendering or in the dimensions is the lanyard attachment. These lights will tail stand and we will likely build accessories such a AAA tubes.

Please let us know what you think. Chris will likely have aluminum protos done quickly to evaluate. This light might end up being part of a new TnC Micro-Flex Series of lights and accessories.

titaniumliionv23dy0.jpg

titaniumliionv22gk4.jpg

titaniumliionv2qz9.jpg

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in!

I'd like a single stage. I'll have to see the protos to decide between the reflectorless Cree or the K2/McR10 versions. They both sound great. I might have to get one of each.

Great news Eric! Can't wait to see the Micro-Flex line develop.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dennis,

You don't mean single stage DD Li-ion do you?:devil: I guess we could run off a few just as blaster lights with a solid canister for a heat sink. It wouldn't be a bad candidate for a DD blaster with a AAA tube. It's probably not a bad optional canister as an accessory in either case. It might take the aluminum bodies to work due to heat however.

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,

Holy COW I am IN!!! :eek:oo: The McR-10 w/ K2 and FluPIC is PERRRRFECT! :thumbsup:

SWEET! :rock: :rock:

john

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dennis,

You don't mean single stage DD Li-ion do you?:devil: I guess we could run off a few just as blaster lights with a solid canister for a heat sink. It wouldn't be a bad candidate for a DD blaster with a AAA tube. It's probably not a bad optional canister as an accessory in either case. It might take the aluminum bodies to work due to heat however.

Eric,

Actually I meant NiMH, but the blaster option would be fun!

With the options proposed so far, choosing one is difficult - all of them sound great.

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please put me at the to of the list!!
I'll Take One

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow! :twothumbs

jeffb

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in for one Titanium TnC N cell light.
:twothumbs

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Small Lights are reat for pocket carry and I often carry the TnC "N" or "AA"in front pants pocket. Have found that a lanyard helps me locate light and also keeps from losing.

Any provision for lanyards or carry?

Thanks,

jeffb

Eric,

Check your e-mail!

Last edited:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

We are going to have the same lanyard or key ring type hole that was on the original Key-Lux N cell so it won't add any length to the dimensions I posted.

We had quite a storm here in S. Oregon and an 80'+ long 3' diameter tree top slammed through my office/flashlight shop roof the other night. After over two days the power to the region has been restored and it's no longer 'snowing' in my flashlight space I'm happy to report. Please if I am delayed in any responses it's that I have had some challenges on hand! I am happy to report the tree is doing fine as the main 'top' is still intact:crackup:

Eric

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have several N cell TNc lights. I'm sure in for one in Titanium!! Put me on the definite list!!:thumbsup:

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Whoa!!! I didn't see the tree and weather picture Eric! Sorry to see that but happy on the continued health of the tree and....YOURSELF!!!

Karl

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Eric,

Sorry to see your storm damage............hopefully everything will work out OK.

Jeff

Last edited: