Runtime

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you consider as a good runtime? I remember reading about a monster megabright flashlight on Flashlight reviews, but it could only run for 5 or 10 minutes. What a joke.

I like to see at least 2 hours of honest (as opposed to trumped up advert figures) runtime.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
12 hours for one full evening of use and long enough to last a month of intermittent use.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
....but it could only run for 5 or 10 minutes. What a joke.

It depends upon the situation. If you have an intruder on your property and you light him up with a USL or Mac's Torch, that should be enough to send the perp a runnin'. You're 5 to 10 minutes of runtime is sufficient.

If I'm out walking my dog, I'd rather have a light that will at minimum hold up for about an hour. But that requires me to charge the light every night. So maybe something with 3-4 hour runtime would be better.

All depends on your use.

MSax

thermal guy

Flashaholic
run time needs are very subjective some don't care others want as long as possible as for me i like to have both high power with short run times and low power with a ton of runtime thats why i love my hds lights so much i get both i am currently do a run time test on one of mine at a low setting and its at 15 day now!