L1 vs E2EKL1

onelight

Enlightened
L1 vs E2EKL1

Perhaps someone with both the L1 & the E2EKL1 can help me decide which light to buy. Surefire claims 17 lumens for 4 hours with the kl1 & 15 lumens for 5 hours with the L1,is the output of these lights basicly flat like the graphs I have seen of the opalec? Or do they begin to dim imediatley like a direct drive light? If the L1 runs flat for 5hrs on 1 batt. at nearly the same output as the E2EKL1 it apears to me the L1 is twice as efichent,am I missing something in this comparison? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
Re: L1 vs E2EKL1

The output/runtime graph in the L1 operator's manual indicates it does 14+ lumens for only 1.5 hrs.

SUREFARC

Enlightened

I have neither of them but I'd go with the E2e/KL1 'coz
later I could get an KL4 with it.

Gandalf

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Alan Hsu said:
The output/runtime graph in the L1 operator's manual indicates it does 14+ lumens for only 1.5 hrs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I *knew* that story about 5 hours for the L1 *had* to way, way off. You can only get so much light from a single 123 battery.

I got a KL1 for my E2 pretty early, and I'm *very* pleased with it's output and battery life. The L1 is as big as a E2 + KL1, but costs more, and has a much shorter burn time, and it sound like the output is significantly less as well. This seems like a no brainer to me.... More light, longer battery life, lower cost, future upgrades, plus the 'built in' ability to use the incandescent lamp for high output. Get the E2e + KL1!
Also, one of the SureFire dealers was selling *just* the KL1 and an E2e body, making it even less expensive to buy, if you don't want the incandescent lamp/bezel assembly.

Sorry I can't recall the name of the dealer, but someone is certain to know....perhaps post a separate request for the dealer's URL so you can check the price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hehe, E2E + KL1 = dimmer mode, Brighter mode = E2E with MN03 (did I get the number wrong?) for around 60 lumens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SUREFARC

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Nerd said:
Hehe, E2E + KL1 = dimmer mode, Brighter mode = E2E with MN03 (did I get the number wrong?) for around 60 lumens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

onelight

Enlightened

Thanks, the product ads for the L1 show the high power run time "High beam runtime approx.five hours with 15 lumens maximum output." this is quite differant from the operator manual Alan Hsu has 14+lumens for 1.5 hrs. so it seems the L1 on high is no more efficient than the E1E whith the standard bulb.This is kinda misleading. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif The E2E + KL1 does sound more like what I need thanks again

hugodrax

Newly Enlightened

It really depends on what you need it for. if you only require 14+ lumen illumination then I would recommend the E2E+KL1 since it will provide what you need and for longer runtimes.

If you need under 1lumen lighting for mapreading and navigating rooms in a a building with the occasional highpower for extra throw then I would recommend the L1. I specifically chose the L1 for this reason and will plan on purchasing the green ones (I own a white one

onelight

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think the dim mode is a great feature,but I also carry arc aaa or infinity ultra so the 4to5 hr.run time of the E2EKl1 wood serve my purpose better,(gives me an excuse to carry another light) I think they are both great lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened

Honestly, I'd rather have two different lights. Maybe if it had more brightness levels than 2, because in every application, any light is either too bright or too dim, rarely just right.