Surefire L1 Christmas gift

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I just bought myself a Surefire L1 for Christmas. Nice light! I love the dual level output. The low will come in handy for general tasks without burning through the battery too quickly. I also bought a Surefire holster for it. The light is a bit bigger than I thought it would be or should be for a 1 cell light, but that's no big deal. It'll still fit in my pocket just fine if I don't want to use the holster. I noticed very good color rendition with the L1 too. On high, it seems about the same brightness as my 6P LED.

So now I'm done buying Surefire flashlights........for now....

Numbers

Enlightened
Ed,
I did the same bought an L1 for myself.
How is your tail cap? Mine is very sloppy on the battery tube threads, The whole tail cap moves forward when turning the light on. Beamwise my KX2 is better than the L1 too. As for the holster (v-82) it was obviously made for a smaller light but no big deal I can fit it in there. After all the hype I am disappointed. I will check with SF on Wednesday to see if all of this is normal. What say you about the tail cap fit?

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
My tailcap is fine. As I press the button, I can see the whole tailcap move forward ever so slightly, but no so much that I'd consider it abnormal. Maybe your spring in the tailcap needs to be stretched to give some resistance when pushing the button?

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ed,
How is your tail cap? Mine is very sloppy on the battery tube threads, The whole tail cap moves forward when turning the light on. Beamwise my KX2 is better than the L1 too. As for the holster (v-82) it was obviously made for a smaller light but no big deal I can fit it in there. After all the hype I am disappointed. I will check with SF on Wednesday to see if all of this is normal. What say you about the tail cap fit?

Definitely not normal. One reason to buy Surefire is high quality and a great guarantee. Call them and let them know you have a defect that somehow slipped through their quality control. Let us know how it works out...I'm betting they take good care of you.

My L1 is very high quality; nothing is loose or sloppy. The beam is also very good.